|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paris's school friend immediately do when Philip comes into the room to speak to Paris?
(a) She does not notice him
(b) She runs from the house
(c) She says hello to him
(d) She asks Paris where he's been
2. What does Mollie commend Philip on when she first sees him after his stay in the sanatorium?
(a) His progress
(b) His kindness
(c) His looks
(d) His manners
3. Where does Sister work?
(a) In the hospital
(b) In the schoolhouse
(c) In the library
(d) As a baker
4. What does John offer Mollie that Phillip cannot?
5. How is Mollie mentally affected by Philip's emotional outbursts?
(a) She is paralyzed in fear
(b) She slides into a depression
(c) She becomes passive aggressive
(d) She becomes indifferent to emotions
6. What does Philip believe his artistic brilliance to be?
(b) A random occurance
(c) A curse
(d) A gift
7. Why does Philip's family continue to forgive him even when his genius and madness seem to overshadow his entire self?
(a) They are afraid of him
(b) They love him
(c) They believe he is sick
(d) They are numb to him
8. Who does Philip turn to automatically when his psyche is challenged and he needs reprieve?
(d) Mother Lovejoy
9. Where did Mollie meet her new love?
(a) On the side of the road
(b) At church
(c) Through mutual friends
(d) At a local bar
10. Where are Mother Lovejoy and Sister staying in anticipation of Philip's homecoming?
(a) Mollie's house
(b) Mother Lovejoy's house
(c) Sister's house
(d) John Tucker's house
11. Who is Sister?
(a) John's niece
(b) Mollie's sister
(c) Philip's sister
(d) Mother Lovejoy's sister
12. What is the name of the new man in Mollie's life?
(a) John Tucker
(b) John Taylor
(c) Philip Lovejoy
(d) Paul Tucker
13. According to John, what is someone hurting your feelings the square root of?
14. What kind of family did Philip originally come from?
(a) A poor family
(b) A prominent family
(c) An abusive family
(d) A middle class family
15. How does Molly respond to John's desire to commit to her?
(a) She tells him directly no
(b) She tells him maybe
(c) She tells him yes
(d) She tells him to sleep on it
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Sister never done that seems to astound others?
2. What does John tell Paris is the one thing that kills a person's pride?
3. What is slowly happening to Philip's family as he continues to display anger and engage in violent outbursts?
4. Which character does Philip have questions about the moment he arrives home?
5. What quality does Mollie possess that Sister does not and is the reason why Sister remains single?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)