Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John's profession symbolize to Mollie?
(a) The height of certain dreams
(b) Strength of character
(c) Safety and security
(d) The rebuilding of a new life
2. What does John think Philip has done to Mollie to keep her in love with him?
(a) Scared her
(b) Threatened her with violence
(c) Cast a spell on her
(d) Paid her
3. Who has Mollie recently fallen in love with?
4. How long has Mollie known her new love?
(a) Six months
(b) Ten days
(c) One week
(d) One year
5. What does Philip employ as a winning strategy when he tells Mollie that he will die if she leaves him?
(a) A guilt mechanism
(b) A moral obligation
(c) A bribery mechanism
(d) An ultimatum
6. What kind of relationship does Philip have with the writing profession?
7. What does the character of Mollie rely on most when she makes a decision?
8. According to John, what is humiliation the same as?
9. Who does Philip turn to automatically when his psyche is challenged and he needs reprieve?
(b) Mother Lovejoy
10. Who does Philip question about why no one has ever tried to stop his destructive behavior?
(a) Mother Lovejoy
11. What does Paris's school friend immediately do when Philip comes into the room to speak to Paris?
(a) She does not notice him
(b) She runs from the house
(c) She says hello to him
(d) She asks Paris where he's been
12. What is the name of Mollie's ex-husband?
13. Which character tries to calm Philip down when he is upset with Mollie for wanting to leave him?
(c) Mother Lovejoy
14. What does Philip have the most difficult time controlling about himself?
(a) His depression
(b) His love for Mollie
(c) His deep seated madness
(d) His mood
15. What does the character of John represent to Mollie and Paris in terms of their future?
(a) He is a beacon of hope
(b) He is a positive role model
(c) He is a source of pride
(d) He is a sensitive and caring friend
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Paris's friend from school?
2. Which character does Philip have questions about the moment he arrives home?
3. What does John consider a betrayal?
4. What is John's profession?
5. What quality of Philip has served as the backdrop for the tumultuous lives of his family?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)