1. Where does the play take place?
The play takes place on an apple farm in New York in the 1950s.
2. Describe the nightmare that Paris has in the beginning of the play?
The nightmare revolves around a burglar who is revealed to be Philip Lovejoy, Paris's father.
3. Who is John Tucker?
John Tucker is Mollie's new tenant and the man whom she has recently fallen in love with.
4. Where did Mollie find John?
Mollie picked John up on the road where his car had broken down just ten days prior.
5. What is Paris's reaction to the fact that his mother picked up a stranger off the side of the road and that John has fallen for her?
Paris is aghast that John could have such strong feelings for his mother, Mollie, after such a short amount of time.
6. Describe the background of Philip Lovejoy.
Philip comes from a prominent family and is the only son of a mother who had higher ambitions from him than he had for himself. He struggles emotionally with his career goals of being a writer.
This section contains 2,207 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)