|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the play open?
(a) In the living room of the farmhouse
(b) In the bedroom of the farmhouse
(c) In the kitchen of the farmhouse
(d) In the family room of the farmhouse
2. Which character is the most capable of showing personal affection as seen especially in Act 3?
(b) Mother Lovejoy
3. What are the rumors in town regarding Philip?
(a) He is in a crazy emotional state
(b) His wife is having an affair
(c) He will return to the sanatorium
(d) He is violent and abusive
4. What is Philip inevitably intending to do because he cannot solve his own problems?
(a) Kill himself
(b) Kill Mollie
(c) Run away
(d) Kidnap his son
5. How does Paris describe the act of suicide?
(a) It is an act of courage
(b) It is an act of defeat
(c) It is inevitable for some people
(d) It is a weak act
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mollie react to the sudden and unexpected presence of Philip?
2. What does Philip employ as a winning strategy when he tells Mollie that he will die if she leaves him?
3. What is Philip ultimately seeking as he is making his escape and intending to end his life?
4. What subject does John have a penchant for?
5. What kind of surroundings does Philip prefer now as opposed to his boyhood?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)