|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bores Philip as he is talking with Mollie after his stay in the sanatorium?
(a) Talk of John Tucker
(b) Talk of Sister
(c) Talk of therapy
(d) Talk of farmhouse life
2. In the beginning of Act 2, what activity has Philip resumed?
3. After John's proposal to Mollie, which character enters the home?
(c) Mother Lovejoy
4. What does Philip employ as a winning strategy when he tells Mollie that he will die if she leaves him?
(a) An ultimatum
(b) A moral obligation
(c) A guilt mechanism
(d) A bribery mechanism
5. What does Paris carry in his arms when he returns from the barn?
(a) Logs for the fire
(b) A stack of hay
(c) The town newspaper
(d) Blueprints of a John's house
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Philip's rationale for escaping with Paris?
2. Why does Philip need Paris to accompany him?
3. What does John confess his ex-wife did that destroyed their marriage and John's faith in marriage?
4. When Philip was younger, how long did he think love and joy would last?
5. What is the name of the new man in Mollie's life?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)