|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Philip want more than anything else after he returns from the sanatorium?
(a) To have more children
(b) To further develop the farm
(c) To re-marry Mollie
(d) To feel and live again
2. What does Paris dream of at the beginning of the play?
(a) His father teaching him skills
(b) His father joining the army
(c) His father being a burglar
(d) His father reading to him
3. What mode of transportation did Philip take to arrive home sooner than expected?
4. What is the main way the character of Sister is different from the character of Philip?
(a) She is abusive
(b) She is quiet
(c) She is gentle
(d) She is smart
5. What does Philip apologize to Paris about regarding his time away?
(a) Leaving so much of the farm work to Paris
(b) Leaving Paris with his mother
(c) Not coming back earlier
(d) For going away altogether
Short Answer Questions
1. At the dinner table, what does Philip dissuade John from doing?
2. What does Sister assure Philip will happen if he calms himself from the fight with Mollie and just comes back home?
3. In the beginning of Act 2, what activity has Philip resumed?
4. What does Paris confide in John that he has not confided in his father?
5. According to John, what is humiliation the same as?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)