|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Philip swear is the only thing that will satisfy him and cause him to regain his mental health?
(a) A long talk with Mollie
(b) To get rid of John
(c) A life with Mollie
(d) A child with Mollie
2. If Philip were to re-marry Mollie, how would Mother Lovejoy benefit?
(a) She would benefit by having a big family
(b) She would benefit by heightening her social status
(c) She would benefit economically
(d) She would benefit by keeping the house
3. Why does Mollie hold her new lover at bay with her affections?
(a) Because falling in love is too scary for Molly
(b) Because falling in love is too painful for Mollie
(c) Because falling in love is really only lust in disguise to Molly
(d) Because falling in love is not casual to Mollie
4. In the beginning of Act 2, what activity has Philip resumed?
5. What does Mollie commend Philip on when she first sees him after his stay in the sanatorium?
(a) His progress
(b) His manners
(c) His looks
(d) His kindness
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Philip watching Mollie from on the night of his arrival?
2. Why do most of Philip's family members tend to forgive him, even though he is a violent and volatile man?
3. What is John's profession?
4. What does Paris carry in his arms when he returns from the barn?
5. What kind of relationship does Philip have with the writing profession?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)