|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John consider a betrayal?
(a) Philip's actions towards Paris
(b) Mollie and Philip's intimacy
(c) Mollie's indecision
(d) Philip's attempts to disuade him
2. What kind of institution do we learn Philip is being released from in the beginning of the play?
(a) The military
(b) The hospital
(d) The sanatorium
3. Who does Philip question about why no one has ever tried to stop his destructive behavior?
(d) Mother Lovejoy
4. What is slowly happening to Philip's family as he continues to display anger and engage in violent outbursts?
(a) They are becoming weary
(b) They are becoming more forgiving
(c) They are becoming fitful
(d) They are becoming strong
5. Which character does Philip have questions about the moment he arrives home?
(a) Mother Lovejoy
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philip swear is the only thing that will satisfy him and cause him to regain his mental health?
2. What is the main way the character of Sister is different from the character of Philip?
3. What does Sister assure Philip will happen if he calms himself from the fight with Mollie and just comes back home?
4. What kind of family did Philip originally come from?
5. In the past, what did those who loved Philip tend to do immediately following an outburst of violence or anger?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)