|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bores Philip as he is talking with Mollie after his stay in the sanatorium?
(a) Talk of Sister
(b) Talk of farmhouse life
(c) Talk of John Tucker
(d) Talk of therapy
2. What does Philip suffer from that has led him to suicide attempts in the past?
3. What is John trying to find out about Mollie?
(a) If she is still in love with Philip
(b) If she is interested in money
(c) If she woud be a dedicated wife
(d) If she is capable of loving him
4. After John's proposal to Mollie, which character enters the home?
(b) Mother Lovejoy
5. What type of writing has Philip published?
(a) A short story
(b) A magazine article
(c) A newpaper article
(d) A book
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Mollie known her new love?
2. Who is Sister?
3. Where did Mollie meet her new love?
4. If Philip were to re-marry Mollie, how would Mother Lovejoy benefit?
5. What do both Mother Lovejoy and Sister honestly think of the state of Philip and Mollie's turbulent relationship during Act 1?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)