|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sister strictly advise Mollie not to do in terms of her relationship with John Tucker?
(a) Ask him to leave
(b) Have children with him
(c) Hurt him
(d) Marry him
2. Where does Philip tell Paris he intends to go with him?
(a) Out of the country
(b) To the city
(c) Up north
(d) Somewhere neither of them has been
3. In the beginning of Act 2, what activity has Philip resumed?
4. What do Mother Lovejoy and Sister continue to do to Mollie now that Philip is back?
(a) Attempt to sway Mollie into marrying John
(b) Attempt to sway Mollie to convince Philip to quiting writing
(c) Attempt to sway Mollie into re-marrying Philip
(d) Attempt to sway Mollie into dating again someone new
5. If Philip were to re-marry Mollie, how would Mother Lovejoy benefit?
(a) She would benefit by keeping the house
(b) She would benefit by having a big family
(c) She would benefit economically
(d) She would benefit by heightening her social status
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only one that can reach Philip?
2. What is the best phrase to describe Philip's perception of his world during this dark time?
3. What does Paris's school friend immediately do when Philip comes into the room to speak to Paris?
4. How is Mollie mentally affected by Philip's emotional outbursts?
5. What does the state of the furniture in Paris's house make it look like the family is in the throws of?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)