|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sister work?
(a) As a baker
(b) In the library
(c) In the hospital
(d) In the schoolhouse
2. Why do most of Philip's family members tend to forgive him, even though he is a violent and volatile man?
(a) He has redemptive charm
(b) He is honest
(c) He is extremely loyal
(d) He is dedicated
3. Where do Mollie and Philip retreat to following their initial conversation and initial greeting?
(a) The living room
(b) Outside under the stars
(c) The bedroom
(d) The porch step
4. Which character tries to calm Philip down when he is upset with Mollie for wanting to leave him?
(c) Mother Lovejoy
5. How is Mollie mentally affected by Philip's emotional outbursts?
(a) She becomes passive aggressive
(b) She becomes indifferent to emotions
(c) She is paralyzed in fear
(d) She slides into a depression
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mollie comforting at the beginning of the play?
2. What does John's profession symbolize to Mollie?
3. What are the rumors in town regarding Philip?
4. What bores Philip as he is talking with Mollie after his stay in the sanatorium?
5. What does Paris's school friend immediately do when Philip comes into the room to speak to Paris?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)