|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Philip believe his only course of action because Mollie does not understand how much he loves her?
(a) To leave and take Paris with him
(b) To force Mollie to come with them and start over
(c) To try one more time to resolve their love
(d) To kidnap Mollie
2. In the past, what did those who loved Philip tend to do immediately following an outburst of violence or anger?
(a) Isolate him
(b) Forgive him
(c) Punish him
(d) Ignore him
3. What does John ask Mollie when he meets up with her in the house?
(a) John asks Mollie to wait for him
(b) John asks Mollie for coffee
(c) John asks Mollie to help him build his house
(d) John asks Mollie to marry him
4. Who is aghast that John could love Mollie after such a short time?
(b) Mother Lovejoy
5. Is Mollie awake when Philip leaves?
(c) She is just waking
(d) She was awake, then falls back to sleep
Short Answer Questions
1. According to John, what is humiliation the same as?
2. Where is Philip watching Mollie from on the night of his arrival?
3. Where does Philip tell Paris he intends to go with him?
4. What has Philip taken with him in the early morning after asking Paris to come away with him?
5. What does Philip eventually conclude about himself regarding his failures?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)