• The play takes place on an apple farm in New York in the 1950s.
• The play opens in the living room of a farmhouse where Mollie is comforting her son, Paris.
• Paris has cried out from a nightmare.
• The nightmare revolves around a burglar who is revealed to be Philip Lovejoy, Paris's father.
• Mollie has been awake discussing plans with her new tenant, John, with whom she has recently fallen in love .
• Mollie picked John up on the road where his car had broken down just ten days ago.
• Paris is aghast that John could have such strong feelings for Mollie in such a short time.
• John admits to Mollie that he was struck instantly with love for her but Mollie keeps him at bay because falling in love for her is not casual.
• Mollie tells John that when she first fell in love with Philip, all...
This section contains 2,053 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)