|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leamas is:
(a) None of the above.
(b) A very young man.
(c) An older man.
(d) A twin.
2. While talking to Peters in the Hague, Leamas tells Peters of a top-secret operation. What was its code name?
(a) Scandinavian Eyes.
(b) Rolling Stone.
(c) Operation Eiffel Tower.
(d) Operation Moss.
3. Liz is visited by someone when Leamas is in prison. What does this person giver her?
(a) A card with a telephone number.
(b) A box she must promise to hide.
(c) A key -- but she doesn't know what it's for.
(d) A lot of money.
4. Leamas publicly appears to do what at everything he does after leaving his job at British intelligence in Chapter 3?
(c) None of the above.
5. Once everyone realizes that Leamas is wanted in Britain, where does Peters take Leamas?
(a) East Berlin.
(b) Shopping for clothes so he can go undercover.
(c) Deeper into the spy prison building.
6. Who does Leamas meet when he is released from jail?
(a) His family.
(b) A man named Ashe.
(c) A woman named Ashe.
7. During Leamas' meeting with Control, what is revealed as Leamas' job for the last few years?
(a) Being a spy in Russia.
(b) Managing the West Berlin spy network.
(c) Managing the East Berlin spy network.
(d) Being a spy in the U.S.
8. After leaving the Hague, Leamas ultimately ends up in:
(b) East Berlin.
(c) Russia, which wasn't in the plan.
(d) West Berlin.
9. What does Liz do while Leamas is in prison?
(a) She moves, since her apartment just reminds her of him.
(b) She becomes very ill and cannot visit him in jail.
(c) She dates a lot to try to forget him.
(d) She tries to find out information about him and sends him letters.
10. What people does Control tell Leamas to look up before starting his new mission?
(a) George Guilliam & Peter Smiley.
(b) Karl Reimeck & Peter Smiley.
(c) George Smiley & Peter Guilliam.
(d) No one -- he's supposed to work alone.
11. What is Leamas' next mission once he returns to London?
(a) To train new British spies.
(b) To spy on the Americans.
(c) To spy on the Russians.
(d) To bring down Mundt.
12. Whose house does Leamas go to after he is released from prison?
(a) George Smiley's.
(b) Miss Crail's.
(c) His mother's.
(d) Liz Gold's.
13. What is the name of the library where Leamas gets a job?
(a) London City Library.
(b) University of London Library.
(c) Berlin Community Library.
(d) Bayswater Library for Psychic Research.
14. Who is Control?
(a) Leamas' doctor.
(b) Head of the British intelligence agency.
(c) The head of British technology.
(d) The guy who fixes Leamas' computer.
15. What items did the secret mission, revealed to Peters by Leamas at the Hauge, involve?
(a) Fake stolen objects, such as radios.
(b) Fake passports and signatures.
(c) Fake drugs.
(d) Fake guns and other weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What big secret does Liz tell Leamas?
2. What is Liz Gold's relationship to Leamas when they first meet?
3. Who is Alex Leamas?
4. What kind of club does Leamas and his two new contacts visit shortly after Leamas is released from prison?
5. When did Leamas' spy career begin?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)