|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Leamas is in prison, he:
(a) Asked the visitor to see Liz.
(b) Paid the visitor to see Liz.
(c) Does now know about Liz's visitor.
(d) Asked a friend to stop in and see if Liz was doing okay.
2. After Elvira crosses the German border, what does Leamas give her?
(a) Keys to his own house.
(b) Keys to a safe apartment.
(c) Top secret documents.
(d) Keys to a new car.
3. Who is Alexander Thwaite?
(a) Leamas' new secret identity.
(b) Leamas' old boss back in London.
(c) Another agent Leamas has to talk to.
(d) Another double-agent giving secrets to Peters.
4. After leaving the Hague, Leamas ultimately ends up in:
(a) East Berlin.
(c) Russia, which wasn't in the plan.
(d) West Berlin.
5. For how many days is Leamas sick while Liz nurses him back to health?
6. What is the real reason Leamas left his job at British intelligence after meeting with Control?
(a) His wife wanted him to.
(b) He had an affair.
(c) He just can't take it anymore.
(d) It's part of his new mission.
7. How could Leamas and Peters' relationship could be described?
(a) Very convivial.
(b) Very tense.
(c) Leamas is afraid of Peters hurting him.
8. Who are the British allied with?
(a) West Germany.
(b) No one.
(c) Both West and East Germany.
(d) East German.
9. What is the name of the hotel that Leamas stays in in Holland?
(a) The Eiffel Tower Hotel & Spa.
(b) The Ritz Carlton.
(c) A dirty, no-name hotel.
(d) Le Mirage.
10. What fake item does Fiedler want from Leamas?
(a) Fake gold ring.
(b) Fake signature.
(c) Fake passport.
(d) Fake moustache.
11. Which of the following is the best description of Leamas' appearance after he leaves British intelligence?
(a) Very conservative.
(b) Very non-traditional.
(c) Dirty and unkempt.
(d) Clean and respectable.
12. Who does Leamas meet when he is released from jail?
(a) His family.
(c) A man named Ashe.
(d) A woman named Ashe.
13. Who are the Vopos?
(a) American border guards.
(b) West German spies.
(c) East German spies.
(d) German border guards.
14. What does Leamas think about on his flight back to London after meeting with Control?
(a) His medals.
(b) His injuries.
(c) His fiance.
(d) His career.
15. Who is Liz Gold?
(a) A cataloging assistant in the library.
(b) The mailwoman.
(c) A schoolteacher.
(d) A nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ashe's apartment located?
2. Who is Control?
3. What kind of club does Leamas and his two new contacts visit shortly after Leamas is released from prison?
4. After publicly leaving his job in Chapter 3, what does Leamas do?
5. Leamas publicly appears to do what at everything he does after leaving his job at British intelligence in Chapter 3?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)