|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kiyoaki say leaves with the two Siamese princes?
2. What does Kiyoaki do when he reaches the monastery in "Chapter 52"?
3. What does the senior nun tell Honda in "Chapter 54"?
4. What does Kiyoaki tell Honda his intentions are in "Chapter 28"?
5. In "Chapter 45," why does Satoko's father wear a disguise?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast at least two symbolic deaths in this novel. Define symbolism and quote the book to support your discussion on symbolic death.
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use traditional Japanese myths in the text? Choose a few myths to discuss, define their significance, and how they contribute to the text, giving examples of their use from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
What role does blackmailing play in this novel? What does the act of blackmailing reveal in "Spring Snow"?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)