|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 15," how does Satoko confess her feelings to Kiyoaki?
2. What do all the women in Kiyoaki's family wear for the New Year's celebration?
3. In "Chapter 26," what shocks Tadeshina about Kiyoaki during their meeting?
4. Why does Kiyoaki give Iinuma a key in "Chapter 14"?
5. Why does Tadeshina agree to arrange a meeting between Satoko and Kiyoaki in "Chapter 26"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Satoko visits the Gesshu Monastery after her abortion?
2. Why does Kiyoaki's family decide to not open their house to the public for the spring festivities in "Chapter 16"?
3. What happens when Kiyoaki and his friends first arrive at the villa in "Chapter 31"?
4. Why does Satoko's family visit the monastery? What happens when Satoko visits the Gesshu Monastery after her abortion? in "Chapter 43"?
5. What does Honda see in the courthouse in "Chapter 29"?
6. What happens at the boarding house in "Chapter 27"?
7. What does Kiyoaki realize in "Chapter 25"?
8. Why does Tadeshina agree to set up a meeting between Kiyoaki and Satoko?
9. In "Chapter 10," what agreement do Kiyoaki and Iinuma reach?
10. What does Kiyoaki do when he receives a boat in "Chapter 49"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Tadeshina and Iinuma. Consider their relationships with Kiyoaki and Satoko, as well as how they feel about their social status.
Essay Topic 2
What role does blackmailing play in this novel? What does the act of blackmailing reveal in "Spring Snow"?
Essay Topic 3
What is the class system in place in "Spring Snow"? How does this system affect the characters, the plot and the major themes of this novel? What does the author have to say about the class system?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)