|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Honda's father have him watch trials in courtrooms?
(a) As punishment.
(b) It's part of his job.
(c) Because Honda asked to watch.
(d) To teach him about Japanese culture.
2. On the third day at Gesshu Monastery, where do Satoko and Kiyoaki's mothers go?
(c) Gesshu's town center.
3. What does Kiyoaki say leaves with the two Siamese princes?
(a) His love.
(b) His companions.
(c) His childhood.
(d) His honesty.
4. What happens when Kiyoaki travels to the monastery in "Chapter 51"?
(a) He is turned away several times.
(b) He's too afraid to go inside.
(c) Satoko refuses to see him.
(d) He gets lost inside.
5. How long does Dr. Mori stay with Satoko at the Ayakura mansion?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) A week.
(d) One day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What worries Kiyoaki's father most about his affair with Satoko and her pregnancy?
2. Why does Satoko ask Kiyoaki if he wants to end the affair immediately in "Chapter 36"?
3. Why does Kiyoaki decide to walk part way to the monastery in "Chapter 52"?
4. What makes Tadeshina smile in "Chapter 41," when she thinks about her role in Satoko's life?
5. In "Chapter 27," what does Satoko do when Kiyoaki tries to kiss her the first time?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)