|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kiyoaki's father assure Kiyoaki he can be admitted to Merton College?
(a) Because his high school teachers went there.
(b) Because of his social rank.
(c) Because he knows the dean.
(d) Because they have enough money.
2. In "Chapter 34," what does Satoko worry about when Kiyoaki invites her to his villa?
(a) How Kiyoaki's friends will respond to her.
(b) How it will make Kiyoaki feel.
(c) How she'll get home in the morning.
(d) How she will travel unnoticed.
3. What fruit does Kiyoaki eat with Honda in "Chapter 28"?
4. What does the count talk to Satoko about at Gesshu Monastery in "Chapter 47"?
(b) Current events.
(c) Her returning home.
(d) The emperor and the prince.
5. Who recommends sending the police chief to rescue Satoko from Gesshu Monastery?
(a) Satoko's mother.
(b) Kiyoaki's father.
(d) Kiyoaki's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kiyoaki see Satoko board a train with in "Chapter 42"?
2. When does Kiyoaki confess his affair to Satoko to his father?
3. Why does Satoko ask Kiyoaki if he wants to end the affair immediately in "Chapter 36"?
4. Why does Chao P decide to return to Siam?
5. When does the Imperial Poetry Recitation take place?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)