|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the nuns tell Kiyoaki will help him in "Chapter 52"?
(a) A monk.
(b) The gardener.
(c) The Abbess.
(d) He must help himself.
2. In "Chapter 37," why does the prince's family pick areas of Satoko's education they feel are lacking?
(a) To try to break the marriage contract.
(b) So she won't teach that to their children.
(c) To prove that their son is better.
(d) So she can improve them.
3. Why does Chao P decide to return to Siam?
(a) Because his ring was stolen.
(b) Because his brother is getting married.
(c) Because his uncle is sick.
(d) Because he's failing school.
4. Who drives Satoko's car in "Chapter 34"?
(a) Someone she doesn't know.
5. Why does Honda's father have him watch trials in courtrooms?
(a) As punishment.
(b) To teach him about Japanese culture.
(c) Because Honda asked to watch.
(d) It's part of his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Chao P pass out in "Chapter 35"?
2. Why does Kiyoaki meet with Satoko at a boarding house in "Chapter 27"?
3. Where does Kiyoaki go on his boat in "Chapter 49"?
4. In "Chapter 36," how much longer does Satoko say the affair can continue?
5. How does Tadeshina say she felt when she wrote the letter about Satoko's pregnancy?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)