|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kiyoaki refuse to give Tadeshina Satoko's letter in "Chapter 27"?
(a) Tadeshina forgets to ask for the letter.
(b) Satoko asks for it instead.
(c) He is emotionally attached to it.
(d) He wants to use it as blackmail.
2. In "Chapter 37," why does the prince's family pick areas of Satoko's education they feel are lacking?
(a) So she won't teach that to their children.
(b) To prove that their son is better.
(c) So she can improve them.
(d) To try to break the marriage contract.
3. Why does Kiyoaki decide to walk part way to the monastery in "Chapter 52"?
(a) He doesn't have a rickshaw.
(b) Honda took the car that day.
(c) He thinks they will let him in if he's on foot.
(d) He wants fresh air.
4. In "Chapter 27," what does Satoko do when Kiyoaki tries to kiss her the first time?
(a) She agrees.
(b) She laughs at him.
(c) She leaves.
(d) She tells him no.
5. Where do Kiyoaki and Satoko have secret meetings while she is engaged to someone else?
(a) A mountainous countryside.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 28," why does Kiyoaki say he can't marry Satoko?
2. In "Chapter 34," what does Satoko tell Honda she feels instead of shame about her affair?
3. In "Chapter 47," what does Kiyoaki's father write to the emperor?
4. When Kiyoaki confesses his affair to his father, what does he say about Satoko?
5. When Honda is let inside the monastery, what is he told to do?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)