|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 8," what worries Kiyoaki most about Satoko?
(a) That she did accept a marriage offer.
(b) That Honda may charm her.
(c) That she may have read his letter.
(d) That she is too old for him.
2. What do all the women in Kiyoaki's family wear for the New Year's celebration?
(a) They wear masks.
(b) White face make-up.
(c) Colored mascara.
(d) No make-up.
3. In "Chapter 21," what does Kiyoaki say about Satoko's offer of marriage?
(a) That he is happy for her.
(b) That he doesn't try to understand.
(c) That he has no opinion.
(d) That he is sorry.
4. In "Chapter 14," where does Kiyoaki give Iinuma a key to?
(a) The library.
(b) His father's office.
(c) The spare bedroom.
(d) The dining room.
5. In "Chapter 19," why does Satoko say Kiyoaki can't understand her?
(a) He is too foolish.
(b) He is too rich.
(c) He is too proud.
(d) He is too young.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 22," why does Satoko's family submit a petition to the emperor?
2. In Kiyoaki's dream in "Chapter 11," what is his ring made out of?
3. At the celebration in "Chapter 10," what does Satoko tell Kiyoaki about?
4. How much older is Satoko than Kiyoaki?
5. In "Chapter 15," how does Satoko confess her feelings to Kiyoaki?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Chapter 24," why do the Siamese princes want to go home?
2. What do Honda and the senior nun talk about?
3. In "Chapter 33," what types of things do Kiyoaki, Honda, and the two princes talk about at the villa?
4. How does Iinuma say goodbye to Kiyoaki?
5. Why does Tadeshina agree to set up a meeting between Kiyoaki and Satoko?
6. What happens when Kiyoaki and his friends first arrive at the villa in "Chapter 31"?
7. What does Tadeshina do after writing a letter to Kiyoaki's father?
8. Why do the Siamese prince's fellow students lack sympathy toward them when Chao P loses his ring?
9. In "Chapter 6," what does Kiyoaki write in a letter to Satoko?
10. What happens when Kiyoaki sits on the beach at the villa in "Chapter 32"?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)