|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Honda's father study law?
2. In "Chapter 13," what does Honda say westerners believe about history?
(a) They believe it doesn't predict the future.
(b) They believe only western history matters.
(c) They believe it is a noble subject.
(d) They believe they can change it.
3. Who asks Kiyoaki about Satoko coming to the cherry festival?
(a) His tutor.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) His father.
(d) A Siamese prince.
4. In "Chapter 7," what does Honda say about Kiyoaki's family's values?
(a) They are woman-centered.
(b) They are western.
(c) They don't have any values.
(d) They are traditional.
5. In "Chapter 16," when does Kiyoaki visit his grandmother?
(a) On a long weekend.
(b) During spring break.
(c) During winter break.
(d) A Wednesday afternoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kiyoaki do before introducing himself to Satoko for the first time since childhood?
2. How does Kiyoaki feel at the Omiyasama Festival?
3. In "Chapter 14," where does Kiyoaki give Iinuma a key to?
4. In Kiyoaki's dream in "Chapter 11," what does he see when he looks into the ring.
5. In "Chapter 25," what does Kiyoaki do when reminded of his love for Satoko?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Honda and the senior nun talk about?
2. What happens when Kiyoaki sees Satoko board a train in "Chapter 42"?
3. What does Kiyoaki realize in "Chapter 25"?
4. How does Kiyoaki feel about going away to college?
5. What role do Kiyoaki's parents play in Satoko's engagement?
6. In "Chapter 24," why do the Siamese princes want to go home?
7. What is the relationship between chance and will that Honda talks about?
8. How does Satoko respond when she first finds out she is pregnant?
9. In "Chapter 10," what agreement do Kiyoaki and Iinuma reach?
10. What are the spring festivities in "Chapter 16"?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)