|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 49," what present does Kiyoaki receive?
(a) A canoe.
(b) A row boat.
(c) A motor boat.
(d) A sail boat.
2. What does Tadeshina call Satoko's pregnancy in her letter in "Chapter 39"?
(a) A public concern.
(b) A family matter.
(c) A private pain.
(d) A growing tragedy.
3. How does the count react when Tadeshina tells him about her letter in "Chapter 40"?
(a) He is sad.
(b) He is pleased.
(c) He is calm.
(d) He is angry.
4. Who falls asleep in "Chapter 32"?
(c) Chao P.
5. What does Honda do when he finally meets with the senior nun?
(a) He asks for forgiveness.
(b) He asks about Satoko.
(c) He is unable to speak.
(d) He begs on behalf of Kiyoaki.
6. What confuses Honda about Kiyoaki's passion in "Chapter 53"?
(a) How senseless it is.
(b) How he is blinded by it.
(c) How beautiful it must feel.
(d) How he is able to feel it.
7. On the third day at Gesshu Monastery, where do Satoko and Kiyoaki's mothers go?
(c) Gesshu's town center.
8. In "Chapter 53," what does Kiyoaki beg Honda to do?
(a) Find him medicine.
(b) Take him home.
(c) Lend him money.
(d) Talk with the senior nun.
9. Why does Chao P pass out in "Chapter 35"?
(a) His girlfriend dies.
(b) He has a bad vision.
(c) He is poisoned.
(d) His mother becomes sick.
10. In "Chapter 53," why does Honda want Kiyoaki to leave for Tokyo?
(a) Because Satoko asked him to.
(b) Because of his health.
(c) Because he is in trouble with the emperor.
(d) Because of his depression.
11. What does Kiyoaki say leaves with the two Siamese princes?
(a) His childhood.
(b) His companions.
(c) His honesty.
(d) His love.
12. In "Chapter 34," what does Satoko worry about when Kiyoaki invites her to his villa?
(a) How she will travel unnoticed.
(b) How she'll get home in the morning.
(c) How Kiyoaki's friends will respond to her.
(d) How it will make Kiyoaki feel.
13. In "Chapter 36," what season is it when Kiyoaki and Satoko become more careful about their meetings?
14. When does Kiyoaki confess his affair to Satoko to his father?
(a) When his father bribes him with money.
(b) When his father hits him in the back.
(c) When Satoko begs him to in a letter.
(d) When his father hits him in the face.
15. What does Kiyoaki say when Satoko says the affair must end because she will be married?
(a) He says she is making a mistake.
(b) He says he loves her too much.
(c) He says he wants a second chance.
(d) He says she knows what is best.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kiyoaki fear he can't see Satoko in "Chapter 51"?
2. Where do Kiyoaki and Satoko have secret meetings while she is engaged to someone else?
3. In "Chapter 33," how do Kiyoaki, Honda and the princes entertain themselves?
4. How does Honda help Kiyoaki with Satoko in "Chapter 34"?
5. At the end of "Chapter 39,", what do Kiyoaki's parents decide to do to Satoko?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)