|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 18," what sound starts the traditional dance?
(a) Dropping stones.
(b) Breaking sticks.
(d) Splashing water.
2. What makes Baron Shinkawa stand out in Japanese society?
(a) His car.
(b) His wife.
(c) His clothes.
(d) His medals of honor.
3. What does Satoko say after Kiyoaki kisses her for the first time?
(a) That he made a mistake.
(b) That she is sorry.
(c) That she loves him.
(d) That she should go home.
4. When does Satoko meet the Toin family?
(a) The cherry festival.
(b) New Year's.
(c) The Doll Festival.
(d) At Kiyoaki's father's dinner party.
5. In "Chapter 26," what shocks Tadeshina about Kiyoaki during their meeting?
(a) His money.
(b) His anger over the marriage.
(c) His indifference toward Satoko's marriage.
(d) His feelings for Satoko.
6. Who does Iinuma confess to flirting with in "Chapter 10"?
(b) Another tutor.
(c) Kiyoaki's cousin.
(d) A maid.
7. In "Chapter 14," what does Iinuma hear in the ceiling?
(a) Running water.
(c) His future.
8. How is Kiyoaki described in contrast to Honda?
9. In "Chapter 17," how does Kiyoaki describe his feelings for Satoko when she arrives at the cherry festival?
(a) He says he can't really love her.
(b) He says he may love her.
(c) He says he is still confused.
(d) He says he is in love with her.
10. At the celebration in "Chapter 10," what does Satoko tell Kiyoaki about?
(a) Kiyoaki's talents.
(b) New literature.
(c) A revolution.
(d) Her feelings.
11. How does Kiyoaki describe Satoko when he first sees her since childhood?
(a) The one in red.
(b) The one in white.
(c) The one in blue.
(d) The one is gray.
12. What do all the women in Kiyoaki's family wear for the New Year's celebration?
(a) Colored mascara.
(b) They wear masks.
(c) No make-up.
(d) White face make-up.
13. In "Chapter 9," what does Iinuma say he feels was his responsibility to teach Kiyoaki?
(a) To help him make friends.
(b) To teach a passion for the arts.
(c) To instill a work ethic.
(d) To refine his movements.
14. In "Chapter 16," when does Kiyoaki visit his grandmother?
(a) A Wednesday afternoon.
(b) During winter break.
(c) On a long weekend.
(d) During spring break.
15. In Kiyoaki's dream in "Chapter 11," who does the ring belong to?
(b) One of the Siamese princes.
(c) The emperor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kiyoaki blame Tadeshina for Satoko's marriage to the prince?
2. In "Chapter 13," what does Honda say people ignore when looking back on history?
3. Why does Iinuma want his flirtation kept secret?
4. Where does Kiyoaki see Satoko for the first time since childhood?
5. What does Satoko wear to the cherry festival?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)