|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 9," what does Iinuma say he feels was his responsibility to teach Kiyoaki?
(a) To help him make friends.
(b) To teach a passion for the arts.
(c) To instill a work ethic.
(d) To refine his movements.
2. What does Kiyoaki tell his mother when she leaves on marriage business in "Chapter 24"?
(a) He tells her it is all a joke.
(b) He wishes her luck.
(c) He doesn't say anything.
(d) He says he hopes for the worst.
3. What happened to Kiyoaki's brothers?
(a) They moved out of the country.
(b) They both ran away.
(c) They got lost while mountain climbing.
(d) They died in the war.
4. In "Chapter 16," what does Kiyoaki say he will wound?
5. What does Satoko do while kissing Kiyoaki in "Chapter 19"?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She holds his hand.
(c) She cries.
(d) She runs away.
6. What does Kiyoaki's father say is the cause for the attention on Kiyoaki at the New Year's celebration?
(a) His sister.
(b) His beauty.
(c) His education.
(d) His wealth.
7. When Kiyoaki sees Satoko in "Chapter 8," what stands out most to him?
(a) Her avoidance of him.
(b) A letter she wrote him.
(c) Her smile.
(d) The way she dresses.
8. Why does Kiyoaki blame Tadeshina for Satoko's marriage to the prince?
(a) Because Kiyoaki is angry at Tadeshina.
(b) Because she didn't try to stop Satoko.
(c) Because she introduced Satoko to the prince.
(d) Because she let Satoko read the cruel letter.
9. Who does Iinuma confess to flirting with in "Chapter 10"?
(a) Another tutor.
(c) A maid.
(d) Kiyoaki's cousin.
10. In "Chapter 19," why does Satoko say Kiyoaki can't understand her?
(a) He is too rich.
(b) He is too proud.
(c) He is too young.
(d) He is too foolish.
11. What does Kiyoaki's grandmother ask him about in "Chapter 16"?
(b) His mother.
(d) His studies.
12. In "Chapter 17," how does Kiyoaki describe his feelings for Satoko when she arrives at the cherry festival?
(a) He says he can't really love her.
(b) He says he may love her.
(c) He says he is still confused.
(d) He says he is in love with her.
13. Who asks Kiyoaki about Satoko coming to the cherry festival?
(a) His tutor.
(b) His father.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) A Siamese prince.
14. In "Chapter 26," what shocks Tadeshina about Kiyoaki during their meeting?
(a) His money.
(b) His feelings for Satoko.
(c) His indifference toward Satoko's marriage.
(d) His anger over the marriage.
15. In "Chapter 10," who does Satoko bring with her to the celebration?
(a) A friend.
(b) She comes alone.
(c) Her servant.
(d) Her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kiyoaki do before introducing himself to Satoko for the first time since childhood?
2. What does Kiyoaki say is similar between him and Satoko when he first sees her as a teenager?
3. In "Chapter 8," where does Kiyoaki take the Siamese princes?
4. In "Chapter 22," why does Satoko's family submit a petition to the emperor?
5. How does Kiyoaki say he feels about Satoko when he sees her as a teenager for the first time?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)