|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Baron Shinkawa stand out in Japanese society?
(a) His wife.
(b) His medals of honor.
(c) His clothes.
(d) His car.
2. In "Chapter 16," what does Kiyoaki say he will wound?
3. How does Kiyoaki feel when Iinuma cries when saying goodbye in "Chapter 23"?
4. In Kiyoaki's dream in "Chapter 11," what is his ring made out of?
5. In "Chapter 18," what sound starts the traditional dance?
(a) Breaking sticks.
(b) Splashing water.
(c) Dropping stones.
6. How does Kiyoaki feel at the Omiyasama Festival?
7. In "Chapter 26," what shocks Tadeshina about Kiyoaki during their meeting?
(a) His money.
(b) His anger over the marriage.
(c) His indifference toward Satoko's marriage.
(d) His feelings for Satoko.
8. Who announces Satoko's arrival at the cherry festival?
(a) A maid.
(b) Kiyoaki's father.
(d) Chao P.
9. In "Chapter 19," why does Satoko say Kiyoaki can't understand her?
(a) He is too foolish.
(b) He is too rich.
(c) He is too proud.
(d) He is too young.
10. In "Chapter 14," where does Kiyoaki give Iinuma a key to?
(a) The library.
(b) His father's office.
(c) The spare bedroom.
(d) The dining room.
11. In "Chapter 16," when does Kiyoaki visit his grandmother?
(a) During spring break.
(b) A Wednesday afternoon.
(c) On a long weekend.
(d) During winter break.
12. In "Chapter 7," what event does Honda reflect upon?
(a) A funeral.
(b) A ceremony.
(c) A birthday.
(d) A wedding.
13. Who helps Satoko try to reach Kiyoaki by phone in "Chapter 21"?
(b) Satoko's mother.
(c) No one helps her.
14. In "Chapter 7," what does Honda say about Kiyoaki's family's values?
(a) They don't have any values.
(b) They are woman-centered.
(c) They are traditional.
(d) They are western.
15. How is Kiyoaki described in contrast to Honda?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Satoko do while kissing Kiyoaki in "Chapter 19"?
2. In "Chapter 14," what does Iinuma hear in the ceiling?
3. Why does Kiyoaki want to go for a boat ride when Honda suggests it?
4. In "Chapter 8," where does Kiyoaki take the Siamese princes?
5. What does Kiyoaki say is similar between him and Satoko when he first sees her as a teenager?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)