|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 23," why is Iinuma leaving?
(a) He is running away with the maid.
(b) He feels trapped by Kiyoaki.
(c) He finished his studies.
(d) He has been fired.
2. What does Kiyoaki's father say is the cause for the attention on Kiyoaki at the New Year's celebration?
(a) His sister.
(b) His beauty.
(c) His wealth.
(d) His education.
3. In "Chapter 7," what does Honda say about Kiyoaki's family's values?
(a) They are traditional.
(b) They are woman-centered.
(c) They are western.
(d) They don't have any values.
4. In Kiyoaki's dream in "Chapter 11," who does the ring belong to?
(b) One of the Siamese princes.
(d) The emperor.
5. What does Kiyoaki do before introducing himself to Satoko for the first time since childhood?
(a) Climbs a tree.
(b) Asks Honda for advice.
(c) Washes his hands.
6. In "Chapter 15," why does Kiyoaki keep giving Iinuma the key?
(a) To ensure he will keep a secret.
(b) To help him do better in school.
(c) To get Iinuma in trouble.
(d) To show that he is like a common man.
7. What does Kiyoaki bring with him on his rickshaw ride with Satoko?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A book.
(c) A bunch of flowers.
8. In what language do the Siamese princes speak to Kiyoaki?
9. In "Chapter 14," what does Iinuma hear in the ceiling?
(a) Running water.
(b) His future.
10. What does Kiyoaki say is similar between him and Satoko when he first sees her as a teenager?
(a) They were both raised in noble houses.
(b) They were both raised by aunts.
(c) They were both raised by older siblings.
(d) They were both raised on a farm.
11. When does Honda usually visit Kiyoaki?
12. How is Kiyoaki described in contrast to Honda?
13. Who does Iinuma confess to flirting with in "Chapter 10"?
(a) Kiyoaki's cousin.
(b) A maid.
(d) Another tutor.
14. In "Chapter 10," who does Satoko bring with her to the celebration?
(a) A friend.
(b) Her servant.
(c) She comes alone.
(d) Her sister.
15. In "Chapter 23," what makes Kiyoaki feel like he is a man?
(a) His age.
(b) His relationship with women.
(c) A compliment from a prince.
(d) The mastery of his feelings.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 26," what shocks Tadeshina about Kiyoaki during their meeting?
2. What does Satoko do while kissing Kiyoaki in "Chapter 19"?
3. In "Chapter 16," what does Kiyoaki say he will wound?
4. Who announces Satoko's arrival at the cherry festival?
5. In "Chapter 15," why does Kiyoaki throw away his early letter drafts to Satoko?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)