|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tadeshina agree to arrange a meeting between Satoko and Kiyoaki in "Chapter 26"?
(a) Because Kiyoaki threatens her.
(b) So she can protect Satoko from the prince.
(c) Because Kiyoaki pays Tadeshina to arrange it.
(d) So Kiyoaki doesn't share Satoko's letter with anyone.
2. In Kiyoaki's dream in "Chapter 11," what does he see when he looks into the ring.
(a) A threatening man.
(b) A woman's face.
(c) An accident.
(d) His dead uncle.
3. What bothers Honda most about his friendship with Kiyoaki?
(a) Kiyoaki's father yells at them.
(b) Kiyoaki's mother is missing.
(c) Kiyoaki doesn't suggest things for them to do.
(d) Kiyoaki won't let him in the house.
4. Why does Kiyoaki's father agree to help underwrite Satoko's dowry?
(a) Because he owes money to Satoko's father.
(b) Because he wants to look good.
(c) Because of Satoko's family's help with Kiyoaki.
(d) Because he wants to upset Kiyoaki.
5. What does Kiyoaki tell his mother when she leaves on marriage business in "Chapter 24"?
(a) He says he hopes for the worst.
(b) He tells her it is all a joke.
(c) He wishes her luck.
(d) He doesn't say anything.
6. When Kiyoaki sees Satoko in "Chapter 8," what stands out most to him?
(a) The way she dresses.
(b) Her avoidance of him.
(c) A letter she wrote him.
(d) Her smile.
7. After his first kiss with Satoko, what does Kiyoaki regret?
(a) Kissing Satoko.
(b) Skipping school.
(c) Using a rickshaw.
(d) Taking Satoko home.
8. Why does Kiyoaki give Iinuma a key in "Chapter 14"?
(a) So he can hide some of his money.
(b) So he can meet with his maid.
(c) So he can take a nap.
(d) So he can study in private.
9. How does Kiyoaki say he feels about Satoko when he sees her as a teenager for the first time?
(a) More interested in her.
(b) Entertained by her.
(c) Less interested in her.
(d) Confused by her.
10. In "Chapter 13," what does Honda say westerners believe about history?
(a) They believe it is a noble subject.
(b) They believe only western history matters.
(c) They believe they can change it.
(d) They believe it doesn't predict the future.
11. How old is Kiyoaki in "Chapter 1"?
(a) 17 years old.
(b) 19 years old.
(c) 18 years old.
(d) 20 years old.
12. How does Kiyoaki describe Satoko when he first sees her since childhood?
(a) The one in red.
(b) The one is gray.
(c) The one in white.
(d) The one in blue.
13. How is Kiyoaki described in contrast to Honda?
14. In "Chapter 15," why does Kiyoaki keep giving Iinuma the key?
(a) To help him do better in school.
(b) To get Iinuma in trouble.
(c) To ensure he will keep a secret.
(d) To show that he is like a common man.
15. In "Chapter 15," how does Satoko confess her feelings to Kiyoaki?
(a) With a painting
(b) With a song.
(c) With a letter.
(d) With a poem.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 21," what does Kiyoaki burn in front of Iinuma?
2. Why does Kiyoaki blame Tadeshina for Satoko's marriage to the prince?
3. In "Chapter 24," why does Chao P say he wants his emerald ring?
4. In Kiyoaki's dream in "Chapter 11," who does the ring belong to?
5. What year is being celebrated in "Chapter 1"?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)