|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 16," when does Kiyoaki visit his grandmother?
(a) During winter break.
(b) A Wednesday afternoon.
(c) On a long weekend.
(d) During spring break.
2. How does Kiyoaki feel at the Omiyasama Festival?
3. In "Chapter 13," what does Honda say people ignore when looking back on history?
(a) Movements of men.
(c) Social categories.
(d) Individual personalities.
4. In "Chapter 8," what worries Kiyoaki most about Satoko?
(a) That she is too old for him.
(b) That Honda may charm her.
(c) That she did accept a marriage offer.
(d) That she may have read his letter.
5. How is Kiyoaki's personal life at school described?
(a) He has a few close friends.
(b) He is popular.
(c) He has many friends, but no close friends.
(d) He is isolated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Baron Shinkawa arrive early to the cherry festival?
2. Why does Kiyoaki refuse to give Tadeshina Satoko's letter in "Chapter 27"?
3. In "Chapter 30," where does Kiyoaki's father invite the Siamese princes?
4. Who drives Satoko's car in "Chapter 34"?
5. What does Kiyoaki do before introducing himself to Satoko for the first time since childhood?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)