|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 17," how does Kiyoaki describe his feelings for Satoko when she arrives at the cherry festival?
(a) He says he is in love with her.
(b) He says he is still confused.
(c) He says he may love her.
(d) He says he can't really love her.
2. What bothers Honda most about his friendship with Kiyoaki?
(a) Kiyoaki's mother is missing.
(b) Kiyoaki doesn't suggest things for them to do.
(c) Kiyoaki won't let him in the house.
(d) Kiyoaki's father yells at them.
3. In "Chapter 7," what event does Honda reflect upon?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A funeral.
(c) A ceremony.
(d) A birthday.
4. What does Kiyoaki's family decide to do with the Doll Festival?
(a) To send the Siamese princes home.
(b) To host it at their house.
(c) To skip the entire event.
(d) To not be open to the public.
5. In "Chapter 13," what does Honda say westerners believe about history?
(a) They believe it doesn't predict the future.
(b) They believe it is a noble subject.
(c) They believe they can change it.
(d) They believe only western history matters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kiyoaki give Iinuma a key in "Chapter 14"?
2. In "Chapter 16," when does Kiyoaki visit his grandmother?
3. When does Honda usually visit Kiyoaki?
4. What happened to Kiyoaki's brothers?
5. What do all the women in Kiyoaki's family wear for the New Year's celebration?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)