|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 39-44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 15," why does Kiyoaki keep giving Iinuma the key?
(a) To show that he is like a common man.
(b) To get Iinuma in trouble.
(c) To ensure he will keep a secret.
(d) To help him do better in school.
2. In "Chapter 13," what does Honda say people ignore when looking back on history?
(a) Individual personalities.
(b) Social categories.
(d) Movements of men.
3. When does Satoko meet the Toin family?
(a) The Doll Festival.
(b) At Kiyoaki's father's dinner party.
(c) New Year's.
(d) The cherry festival.
4. When Kiyoaki confesses his affair to his father, what does he say about Satoko?
(a) That she left him a long time again.
(b) That she is his.
(c) That she is private.
(d) That she is at fault.
5. In "Chapter 13," what reason does Kiyoaki give his mother for missing school?
(a) A headache.
(b) A cold.
(c) He forgot to go.
(d) A stomach ache.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 14," what does Iinuma hear in the ceiling?
2. In "Chapter 21," what does Kiyoaki say about Satoko's offer of marriage?
3. In "Chapter 26," what shocks Tadeshina about Kiyoaki during their meeting?
4. How does Tadeshina say she felt when she wrote the letter about Satoko's pregnancy?
5. In "Chapter 22," why does Satoko's family submit a petition to the emperor?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)