|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 39-44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the two Siamese princes do poorly in school?
(a) They already know the material so they are bored.
(b) They don't try at school.
(c) They don't understand Japanese well.
(d) They skip frequently.
2. Why does Kiyoaki decide to kiss Satoko for the first time?
(a) She closes her eyes.
(b) She puts her head on his shoulder.
(c) She asks him to.
(d) She recites a lovely poem.
3. What makes Tadeshina smile in "Chapter 41," when she thinks about her role in Satoko's life?
(a) Her freedom from Satoko's family.
(b) How close they have grown.
(c) How much power she has.
(d) Her paycheck.
4. When does Kiyoaki confess his affair to Satoko to his father?
(a) When Satoko begs him to in a letter.
(b) When his father hits him in the face.
(c) When his father bribes him with money.
(d) When his father hits him in the back.
5. In "Chapter 26," what shocks Tadeshina about Kiyoaki during their meeting?
(a) His feelings for Satoko.
(b) His indifference toward Satoko's marriage.
(c) His money.
(d) His anger over the marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kiyoaki blame Tadeshina for Satoko's marriage to the prince?
2. How does Kiyoaki feel when Iinuma cries when saying goodbye in "Chapter 23"?
3. What does Kiyoaki's father use to attack Kiyoaki in "Chapter 39"?
4. In "Chapter 14," where does Kiyoaki give Iinuma a key to?
5. In "Chapter 15," why does Kiyoaki throw away his early letter drafts to Satoko?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)