|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Frank call on the holiday morning in Chapter 9?
2. What crashes into a phone booth while Frank is in it?
3. How late does Frank arrive at Vicki's father's place?
4. Frank discovers a woman he knew from a catalog and goes to visit her. How does this visit make Frank feel?
5. What do Frank and Vicki do first after Frank arrives at Vicki's father's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Detail the phone call Frank receives while at Vicki's father's home on Easter.
2. Throughout the story, how has Frank shown growth in dealing with women?
3. What does Frank do after leaving Walter's apartment?
4. What does Frank do when he returns to his office in New York after Easter?
5. Who is waiting for Frank outside the police station and what do they do?
6. List three members of Vicki's family Frank meets on Easter and Frank's impression of these people.
7. Detail the trip to Vicki's fathers home for Easter dinner.
8. How does the search for Walter's daughter help Frank?
9. Detail the search Frank goes on for Walter's daughter in Florida.
10. Did X and the children visit Frank at Berkshire College? Give examples to support your answer.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The death of their son Ralph made a big contribution to the divorce of Frank and X. Frank and X also had large parts in the falling out of their marriage; although all of it appears to have been rooted in Ralph's death. What were some of the things Frank and X did after Ralph's death to contribute to their divorce? Give specific examples and details. What was the final event that led to the divorce? Be specific in your details. Finally, how are Frank and X's two living children handling the divorce of their parents? How can you tell?
Essay Topic 2
In Frank's depression and despair, he finds himself very vulnerable of people and things around him, thus making him jealous easily. Give two specific examples from the book of who Frank becomes jealous of. Why is he jealous of these people, and how does he handle the jealousy?
Essay Topic 3
Through the Divorced Men Club, Frank befriends a man named Walter. What are the similarities and differences between Frank and Walter in their personal and private lives? Give specific examples and details from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)