|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Walter doing when he met his male lover?
2. Where does Frank end up going after leaving Walter's apartment?
3. What is Frank still doing on the holiday in Chapter 9?
4. What person does Vicki want to tell Frank about at her father's?
5. What is the meeting Frank stuck his head in on about?
Essay Topic 1
In Frank's depression and despair, he finds himself very vulnerable of people and things around him, thus making him jealous easily. Give two specific examples from the book of who Frank becomes jealous of. Why is he jealous of these people, and how does he handle the jealousy?
Essay Topic 2
Ralph's death from Reye's Syndrome caused a big shake up in the lives of Ralph's family, eventually even leading to divorce. How can Ralph's death be viewed as a foreshadowing event for both Frank and X? Be sure to include details and examples from the story to defend your answer.
Essay Topic 3
X feels bad and goes to meet Frank at the police station. X agrees to go to Walter's apartment with Frank because she is supportive of Frank at this time and wants to show sympathy. How does the theme of sympathy get portrayed in how X treats Frank? Give details and examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 1,187 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)