|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the way home from Wade's, who does Frank start thinking about?
2. What does Walter want Frank to do when he finds his child?
3. What does Frank do when he finally gets home from Easter dinner?
4. How did Frank find the other professors at the college he taught at?
5. What is behind Frank's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Detail the search Frank goes on for Walter's daughter in Florida.
2. How did Frank find his welcoming at Berkshire College by the other professors?
3. Where is Frank at when he is making a phone call after leaving Wade's house and what happens while he is making a call?
4. What happens when Frank arrives at the police station Easter evening?
5. Where does Frank read Walter's letter and what makes him so shocked?
6. Explain how Frank got a job offer to teach at Berkshire College.
7. Throughout the story, how has Frank shown growth in dealing with women?
8. Who is waiting for Frank when he returns home from Detroit? What does this person want?
9. Upon returning from Detroit, detail the conversation and Frank's reaction when Walter tells Frank about his male encounter.
10. Write about Frank's encounter with his neighbors on Easter morning.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Suicide is a very difficult thing to deal with. Even though Frank did not get along well with Walter, hearing of the suicide of Walter changed Frank and brought more despair and grief. Give examples from the story of how Frank dealt with Walter's suicide. Did the suicide bring up different feelings from those of the death of Frank's son Ralph? How? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
After Ralph died, Frank had many affairs and socialized with other women. What is the irony of Frank and X's divorce? Give specific details and examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
X feels bad and goes to meet Frank at the police station. X agrees to go to Walter's apartment with Frank because she is supportive of Frank at this time and wants to show sympathy. How does the theme of sympathy get portrayed in how X treats Frank? Give details and examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)