|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Frank and Vicki do first after Frank arrives at Vicki's father's house?
2. How did Frank find the other professors at the college he taught at?
3. Who do Frank and X run into at Walter's apartment?
4. Where does Vicki's father take Frank?
5. At the police station, where does Frank ask if he can go?
Short Essay Questions
1. On the way home from Vicki's father's on Easter, who does Frank think of and what does he do about it?
2. Throughout the story, how has Frank shown growth in dealing with women?
3. Describe what happens at the Easter family dinner at Vicki's father's house.
4. Detail the search Frank goes on for Walter's daughter in Florida.
5. Write about Frank's encounter with his neighbors on Easter morning.
6. Explain how Frank got a job offer to teach at Berkshire College.
7. What does Vicki share with Frank about Frank's doctor on Easter?
8. What does Frank do once he sees a woman he believes he knows in a catalog?
9. Where does Frank read Walter's letter and what makes him so shocked?
10. Did X and the children visit Frank at Berkshire College? Give examples to support your answer.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ralph's death from Reye's Syndrome caused a big shake up in the lives of Ralph's family, eventually even leading to divorce. How can Ralph's death be viewed as a foreshadowing event for both Frank and X? Be sure to include details and examples from the story to defend your answer.
Essay Topic 2
After Frank leaves Walter's apartment, Frank drives around alone for a while and ends up at the train station. Frank finds comfort in watching people come and go. Write about the symbolism of Frank's life to the train station.
Essay Topic 3
Suicide is a very difficult thing to deal with. Even though Frank did not get along well with Walter, hearing of the suicide of Walter changed Frank and brought more despair and grief. Give examples from the story of how Frank dealt with Walter's suicide. Did the suicide bring up different feelings from those of the death of Frank's son Ralph? How? Why or why not?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)