|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frank given at the police station?
2. Who does Ralph think of on the holiday morning in Chapter 9?
3. How did Frank find the other professors at the college he taught at?
4. Where is Frank's office located?
5. In the letter, Walter claims to have what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Frank at when he is making a phone call after leaving Wade's house and what happens while he is making a call?
2. When Frank returns from Detroit and sees Walter, Walter gives Frank something. What does Walter try to give Frank and how is it received by Frank?
3. What does Vicki share with Frank about Frank's doctor on Easter?
4. What does Frank do when he returns to his office in New York after Easter?
5. Detail the search Frank goes on for Walter's daughter in Florida.
6. What does Walter want to talk to Frank about after Frank returns from Detroit?
7. Upon returning from Detroit, detail the conversation and Frank's reaction when Walter tells Frank about his male encounter.
8. What does Frank do after leaving Walter's apartment?
9. Through this search for Walter's daughter in Florida, what has Walter given Frank?
10. On the way home from Vicki's father's on Easter, who does Frank think of and what does he do about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After Frank leaves Walter's apartment, Frank drives around alone for a while and ends up at the train station. Frank finds comfort in watching people come and go. Write about the symbolism of Frank's life to the train station.
Essay Topic 2
Suicide is a very difficult thing to deal with. Even though Frank did not get along well with Walter, hearing of the suicide of Walter changed Frank and brought more despair and grief. Give examples from the story of how Frank dealt with Walter's suicide. Did the suicide bring up different feelings from those of the death of Frank's son Ralph? How? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Frank wants to be normal. He is jealous of those people he gets to know or sees that have a "normal" life. What does Frank consider to be normal? Name three people in the story that Frank believes have a normal life and give details of how Frank believes their life is normal.
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)