|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walter attempt to give Frank in Chapter 8?
2. Where does Frank plan to stay indefinitely?
3. Who is Lynette?
4. After leaving Walter's apartment, what does Frank find himself doing?
5. How did the relationship with the professor Frank lived with at the college begin and end?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frank do once he sees a woman he believes he knows in a catalog?
2. What happens when Frank arrives at the police station Easter evening?
3. List three members of Vicki's family Frank meets on Easter and Frank's impression of these people.
4. On the way home from Vicki's father's on Easter, who does Frank think of and what does he do about it?
5. How does the search for Walter's daughter help Frank?
6. How did Frank find his welcoming at Berkshire College by the other professors?
7. On Easter, who does Frank make telephone calls to, and what was the purpose of the calls?
8. What does Vicki share with Frank about Frank's doctor on Easter?
9. What does Frank become obsessed with after Ralph's death and why does Frank become obsessed with them?
10. Who is waiting for Frank outside the police station and what do they do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are several characters in this book who seem to have no direction in their life. Students will choose one of the following characters from the book; Frank, Walter, or X. Students will then write about how the book details or shows this character has no direction in their life and how they are lost in a quiet despair.
Essay Topic 2
Frank and X are hit hard with the loss of their son Ralph to Reye's Syndrome. What grieving process does each parent use for themselves to help them through the death of their son? Give specific details or examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
All people have changed throughout the story; however, some are more noticeable than others. Who do you believe has changed the most? Describe this change in detail, and support your answer with evidence from the book.
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)