|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Vicki's father take Frank?
2. What is Cade's profession?
3. Frank discovers a woman he knew from a catalog and goes to visit her. How does this visit make Frank feel?
4. Who was against Frank taking the teaching job at a college?
5. What does Walter want Frank to do when he finds his child?
Short Essay Questions
1. Detail the phone call Frank receives while at Vicki's father's home on Easter.
2. On the way home from Vicki's father's on Easter, who does Frank think of and what does he do about it?
3. Describe Frank's relationship with another of Berkshire College's professors, Selma, while Frank taught at Berkshire.
4. Write about Frank's encounter with his neighbors on Easter morning.
5. Who is waiting for Frank when he returns home from Detroit? What does this person want?
6. What does Frank do when he returns to his office in New York after Easter?
7. What does Vicki share with Frank about Frank's doctor on Easter?
8. How does the search for Walter's daughter help Frank?
9. What does Frank do after leaving Walter's apartment?
10. What happens when Frank arrives at the police station Easter evening?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
All people have changed throughout the story; however, some are more noticeable than others. Who do you believe has changed the most? Describe this change in detail, and support your answer with evidence from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Frank's physical injury by the glass of the phone booth caused pain. In what other ways has the event within the phone booth caused pain to Frank?
Essay Topic 3
When there is a break up or divorce, there are usually issues of trust. Explain the issues of trust that lay between Frank and X. Also, does this issue of trust extend further than just within their relationship or has it now affected trust issues with other people in their lives? Give specific details and examples from the book to support your answers.
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)