|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Frank try to please by eating seconds at Vicki's dad's house?
2. How does Frank react to what Walter attempts to do in Chapter 8?
3. What did Frank become obsessed with about a year after Ralph's death?
4. While looking at a catalog, Frank sees a woman he believes he knows. Where does Frank go to see if it is the woman he knows?
5. Where does the investigation get Frank out of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frank do after leaving Walter's apartment?
2. Detail the phone call Frank receives while at Vicki's father's home on Easter.
3. What does Vicki share with Frank about Frank's doctor on Easter?
4. Describe Frank's relationship with another of Berkshire College's professors, Selma, while Frank taught at Berkshire.
5. Who is waiting for Frank when he returns home from Detroit? What does this person want?
6. Detail the trip to Vicki's fathers home for Easter dinner.
7. List three members of Vicki's family Frank meets on Easter and Frank's impression of these people.
8. Did X and the children visit Frank at Berkshire College? Give examples to support your answer.
9. Write about Frank's encounter with his neighbors on Easter morning.
10. How does the search for Walter's daughter help Frank?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Frank keeps a promise to Walter and travels to Florida to tell his illegitimate daughter about Walter's death. Frank travels to Florida and discovers Walter lied to him. Would Frank have been able to change if he would have stayed in New Jersey? Did Frank need a new change of place? What made Frank love Florida so much and choose to stay there?
Essay Topic 2
All people have changed throughout the story; however, some are more noticeable than others. Who do you believe has changed the most? Describe this change in detail, and support your answer with evidence from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Ralph's death from Reye's Syndrome caused a big shake up in the lives of Ralph's family, eventually even leading to divorce. How can Ralph's death be viewed as a foreshadowing event for both Frank and X? Be sure to include details and examples from the story to defend your answer.
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)