|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Vicki's father's name?
2. How does Frank find the dinner at Vicki's father's house?
3. What does Frank quickly learn about Vicki and Lynette?
4. What is Frank listening to outside on the holiday morning?
5. Who is Lynette?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frank become obsessed with after Ralph's death and why does Frank become obsessed with them?
2. Upon returning from Detroit, detail the conversation and Frank's reaction when Walter tells Frank about his male encounter.
3. Detail the phone call Frank receives while at Vicki's father's home on Easter.
4. What does Vicki share with Frank about Frank's doctor on Easter?
5. On Easter, who does Frank make telephone calls to, and what was the purpose of the calls?
6. Where does Frank read Walter's letter and what makes him so shocked?
7. How does the search for Walter's daughter help Frank?
8. On the way home from Vicki's father's on Easter, who does Frank think of and what does he do about it?
9. What does Frank do once he sees a woman he believes he knows in a catalog?
10. What does Frank do after leaving Walter's apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Through the Divorced Men Club, Frank befriends a man named Walter. What are the similarities and differences between Frank and Walter in their personal and private lives? Give specific examples and details from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The death of their son Ralph made a big contribution to the divorce of Frank and X. Frank and X also had large parts in the falling out of their marriage; although all of it appears to have been rooted in Ralph's death. What were some of the things Frank and X did after Ralph's death to contribute to their divorce? Give specific examples and details. What was the final event that led to the divorce? Be specific in your details. Finally, how are Frank and X's two living children handling the divorce of their parents? How can you tell?
Essay Topic 3
Ralph's death from Reye's Syndrome caused a big shake up in the lives of Ralph's family, eventually even leading to divorce. How can Ralph's death be viewed as a foreshadowing event for both Frank and X? Be sure to include details and examples from the story to defend your answer.
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)