|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was against Frank taking the teaching job at a college?
2. Where does Frank end up going after leaving Walter's apartment?
3. What does Frank believe he has finally found at the end of the story?
4. What part of Frank's body is injured in of the crash with the phone booth?
5. Where does Frank plan to stay indefinitely?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Walter want to talk to Frank about after Frank returns from Detroit?
2. Why does X become uncomfortable at Walter's apartment and what does Frank do to make her feel this way?
3. Where does Frank read Walter's letter and what makes him so shocked?
4. Describe what happens at the Easter family dinner at Vicki's father's house.
5. On Easter, who does Frank make telephone calls to, and what was the purpose of the calls?
6. Write about Frank's encounter with his neighbors on Easter morning.
7. What does Frank become obsessed with after Ralph's death and why does Frank become obsessed with them?
8. How does the uneasiness between Vicki and Frank show when Frank arrives at Vicki's father's home?
9. Describe Frank's relationship with another of Berkshire College's professors, Selma, while Frank taught at Berkshire.
10. Who is waiting for Frank outside the police station and what do they do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Through the Divorced Men Club, Frank befriends a man named Walter. What are the similarities and differences between Frank and Walter in their personal and private lives? Give specific examples and details from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Different people handle situations and feelings differently. How do Frank and X each handle their fear of commitment throughout the story? Compare and contrast using specific examples and details from the story.
Essay Topic 3
After Ralph died, Frank had many affairs and socialized with other women. What is the irony of Frank and X's divorce? Give specific details and examples to support your answer.
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)