|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A woman approaches Frank who he does not know in Chapter 12. Who does Frank suspect it is?
2. Who does Ralph think of on the holiday morning in Chapter 9?
3. How did Frank find the other professors at the college he taught at?
4. What is the name of the professor Frank lived with while he taught at a college?
5. Who does Frank call on the holiday morning in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Frank returns from Detroit and sees Walter, Walter gives Frank something. What does Walter try to give Frank and how is it received by Frank?
2. Where is Frank at when he is making a phone call after leaving Wade's house and what happens while he is making a call?
3. Detail the trip to Vicki's fathers home for Easter dinner.
4. What does Frank become obsessed with after Ralph's death and why does Frank become obsessed with them?
5. What does Frank do after leaving Walter's apartment?
6. How does the uneasiness between Vicki and Frank show when Frank arrives at Vicki's father's home?
7. Who is waiting for Frank outside the police station and what do they do?
8. Detail the phone call Frank receives while at Vicki's father's home on Easter.
9. Who is waiting for Frank when he returns home from Detroit? What does this person want?
10. Describe what happens at the Easter family dinner at Vicki's father's house.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Frank's depression and despair, he finds himself very vulnerable of people and things around him, thus making him jealous easily. Give two specific examples from the book of who Frank becomes jealous of. Why is he jealous of these people, and how does he handle the jealousy?
Essay Topic 2
When there is a break up or divorce, there are usually issues of trust. Explain the issues of trust that lay between Frank and X. Also, does this issue of trust extend further than just within their relationship or has it now affected trust issues with other people in their lives? Give specific details and examples from the book to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
After Frank leaves Walter's apartment, Frank drives around alone for a while and ends up at the train station. Frank finds comfort in watching people come and go. Write about the symbolism of Frank's life to the train station.
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)