|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has this investigation brought to Frank?
2. What does Walter attempt to give Frank in Chapter 8?
3. What subject does Walter bring up to Frank again when Frank returns from Detroit?
4. Where did Walter meet his male lover?
5. What does Frank believe he has finally found at the end of the story?
Essay Topic 1
Frank's physical injury by the glass of the phone booth caused pain. In what other ways has the event within the phone booth caused pain to Frank?
Essay Topic 2
X feels bad and goes to meet Frank at the police station. X agrees to go to Walter's apartment with Frank because she is supportive of Frank at this time and wants to show sympathy. How does the theme of sympathy get portrayed in how X treats Frank? Give details and examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
After Frank leaves Walter's apartment, Frank drives around alone for a while and ends up at the train station. Frank finds comfort in watching people come and go. Write about the symbolism of Frank's life to the train station.
This section contains 1,183 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)