|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite Frank's divorce, who is Frank still friends with?
2. What does Frank's wife do for a living?
3. Where did Frank and his now ex-wife settle after they were married?
4. When Frank searches through Vicki's purse, what does he find?
5. What type of accident was the football player Frank is interviewing involved in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Frank returns to the hotel in Detroit after the interview to find Vicki depressed. Why is Vicki depressed?
2. What does Frank do when he has trouble sleeping at the hotel in Detroit?
3. What is the Divorced Men Club?
4. How does Frank's meeting with the football player in Detroit go? Why?
5. Why does Frank have trouble saying "I love you," even to Vicki?
6. What makes Frank's human-interest story, the interview with the football player in Detroit, difficult to write?
7. What do Frank and Vicki do after landing in Detroit?
8. How is Frank handling his divorce with X?
9. What happens when Frank is met by his doctor while waiting in line at the airport?
10. Why does Walter feel drawn to Frank?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Through the Divorced Men Club, Frank befriends a man named Walter. What are the similarities and differences between Frank and Walter in their personal and private lives? Give specific examples and details from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
After Ralph died, Frank had many affairs and socialized with other women. What is the irony of Frank and X's divorce? Give specific details and examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
In a conversation Frank has with X's father-in-law, X's father-in-law calls Frank's relationship with Vicki a rebound relationship. Why does X's father-in-law call this relationship a rebound relationship? What causes X's father-in-law to make this statement? What is Frank's reaction to this comment and do you agree with the comment? Why / why not?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)