|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank really want to feel for the football player as he listens to him during the meeting?
2. How does Frank speak with his ex-wife?
3. What type of accident was the football player Frank is interviewing involved in?
4. How does Frank react to the story Walter told him?
5. What type of illness prevented Frank from going to Vietnam?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank's meeting with the football player in Detroit go? Why?
2. Does Frank think X can go on with her life without getting married?
3. Frank returns to the hotel in Detroit after the interview to find Vicki depressed. Why is Vicki depressed?
4. What do Frank and Vicki do after landing in Detroit?
5. What is the Divorced Men Club?
6. What has X done since her divorce with Frank?
7. What happens when Frank is met by his doctor while waiting in line at the airport?
8. Detail Frank's writing career.
9. Why is Frank traveling to Detroit in Chapter 2?
10. Who is Walter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
X feels bad and goes to meet Frank at the police station. X agrees to go to Walter's apartment with Frank because she is supportive of Frank at this time and wants to show sympathy. How does the theme of sympathy get portrayed in how X treats Frank? Give details and examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
In Frank's depression and despair, he finds himself very vulnerable of people and things around him, thus making him jealous easily. Give two specific examples from the book of who Frank becomes jealous of. Why is he jealous of these people, and how does he handle the jealousy?
Essay Topic 3
Through the Divorced Men Club, Frank befriends a man named Walter. What are the similarities and differences between Frank and Walter in their personal and private lives? Give specific examples and details from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)