|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Frank get hired so quickly for the college teaching job?
(a) The hiring party knew Frank personally.
(b) The hiring party knew Frank's work.
(c) The college needed someone quickly.
(d) He did well in the interview.
2. Where did Frank teach for a semester?
(a) Notre Dame University.
(b) Berkshire College.
(c) University of Mississippi.
(d) University of Michigan.
3. What person does Vicki want to tell Frank about at her father's?
(a) Frank's doctor.
(b) Vicki's brother.
(c) Vicki's dad.
(d) Frank's friend.
4. What does Walter give Frank when he returns from Detroit?
(a) A promise.
(b) An embrace.
(c) A kiss.
(d) A key to his house.
5. As a result of Frank's kindness, what can't Walter do?
(a) Settle down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ralph think of on the holiday morning in Chapter 9?
2. What does Frank believe he has finally found at the end of the story?
3. Which of the following has not been a major theme of "The Sportswriter"?
4. What did Frank become obsessed with about a year after Ralph's death?
5. What night does Frank meet the intern at work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is waiting for Frank when he returns home from Detroit? What does this person want?
2. What does Frank do after leaving Walter's apartment?
3. Explain how Frank got a job offer to teach at Berkshire College.
4. What happens when Frank arrives at the police station Easter evening?
5. What does Frank do when he returns to his office in New York after Easter?
6. Did X and the children visit Frank at Berkshire College? Give examples to support your answer.
7. Where is Frank at when he is making a phone call after leaving Wade's house and what happens while he is making a call?
8. Describe what happens at the Easter family dinner at Vicki's father's house.
9. Why does X become uncomfortable at Walter's apartment and what does Frank do to make her feel this way?
10. What does Walter want to talk to Frank about after Frank returns from Detroit?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)