|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject does Walter bring up to Frank again when Frank returns from Detroit?
(a) His male lover.
(c) Divorced Mens Club.
(d) Going out for a drink.
2. Who does Ralph think of on the holiday morning in Chapter 9?
3. A woman approaches Frank who he does not know in Chapter 12. Who does Frank suspect it is?
(a) Walter's aunt.
(b) Walter's step-mom.
(c) Walter's mom.
(d) Walter's sister.
4. In the letter, Walter claims to have what?
(a) An illegitimate daughter.
(b) An illegitimate son.
(c) An adopted son.
(d) An adopted daughter.
5. How does Frank find the dinner at Vicki's father's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walter want Frank to do when he finds his child?
2. How did Walter find the man that allowed him to be picked up?
3. Who offered the college teaching position to Frank?
4. Where did Frank teach for a semester?
5. What does Frank believe he has finally found at the end of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Detail the phone call Frank receives while at Vicki's father's home on Easter.
2. On Easter, who does Frank make telephone calls to, and what was the purpose of the calls?
3. When Frank returns from Detroit and sees Walter, Walter gives Frank something. What does Walter try to give Frank and how is it received by Frank?
4. Write about Frank's encounter with his neighbors on Easter morning.
5. How did Frank find his welcoming at Berkshire College by the other professors?
6. Where is Frank at when he is making a phone call after leaving Wade's house and what happens while he is making a call?
7. What does Walter want to talk to Frank about after Frank returns from Detroit?
8. Who is waiting for Frank when he returns home from Detroit? What does this person want?
9. What does Vicki share with Frank about Frank's doctor on Easter?
10. Who is waiting for Frank outside the police station and what do they do?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)