|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul have when he comes outside his house in Chapter 4?
(a) Easter decorations.
(b) A homing pigeon.
(d) Pepsi cola.
2. What does Paul wonder about with his dad toward the end of Chapter 4?
(a) If Frank and X will get back together.
(b) If his dad will ever be happy again.
(c) Where Ralph is.
(d) If his mom will ever be happy again.
3. How do Vicki and Frank travel from the airport to the hotel?
(b) Rental car.
4. What does the group of men Frank has been spending time with call themselves?
(a) Kiwanis Club.
(b) Divorced Men Club.
(c) Rotary International.
(d) Haddam Divorced Men.
5. What is the weather like in Detroit this holiday weekend?
(b) Winter storm.
(c) Severe fog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank have trouble doing at the hotel?
2. What did Frank do more of on the trip than anything else before leaving with Vicki to Detroit?
3. Who or what was ultimately responsible for ending Frank's marriage?
4. When Frank searches through Vicki's purse, what does he find?
5. What does Frank admit to the reader about his ex-wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Frank's human-interest story, the interview with the football player in Detroit, difficult to write?
2. Why does Frank hope Vicki does not come back while his doctor is around at the airport?
3. What is Frank nervous about with Vicki in Detroit?
4. What happens when Frank is met by his doctor while waiting in line at the airport?
5. Why do Frank and Vicki decide to leave Detroit early?
6. What has X done since her divorce with Frank?
7. After Frank realizes it is too late to see Vicki after having drinks with Walter, what does Frank do?
8. Who is Walter?
9. What is the Divorced Men Club?
10. How is Frank's desire to both be a part of his family again and to allow his ex-wife to go on with her life without him evident?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)