|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank admit to the reader about his ex-wife?
(a) He is still in love with her.
(b) He has not forgiven her.
(c) He is jealous of her.
(d) He dislikes her.
2. What type of novel is "The Sportswriter"?
3. After whose death did Frank attend school?
4. After Vicki finds Frank looking in her purse at the hotel, what is Frank worried Vicki will do?
(a) Never speak to him again.
(b) Break up with him.
(c) Beat him up.
(d) Call the police.
5. How does Frank really want to feel for the football player as he listens to him during the meeting?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Vicki befriend on the plane trip to Detroit with Frank?
2. What does Vicki do when she gets to the hotel?
3. Frank has accepted what about his divorce?
4. Where does Frank find Vicki waiting for him when he arrives at her condo?
5. Where is Frank flying to in order to interview a football player as a human interest story?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the uneasiness between Vicki and Frank show when Frank arrives at Vicki's father's home?
2. What do Frank and Vicki do after landing in Detroit?
3. Explain Frank's biggest conflict in his life at this beginning of the story.
4. Why is Frank traveling to Detroit in Chapter 2?
5. How does the search for Walter's daughter help Frank?
6. How does Frank's meeting with the football player in Detroit go? Why?
7. Why does X become uncomfortable at Walter's apartment and what does Frank do to make her feel this way?
8. Who is waiting for Frank outside the police station and what do they do?
9. How is Frank handling his divorce with X?
10. What happens when Frank is met by his doctor while waiting in line at the airport?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)