|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul wonder about with his dad toward the end of Chapter 4?
(a) If Frank and X will get back together.
(b) If his dad will ever be happy again.
(c) Where Ralph is.
(d) If his mom will ever be happy again.
2. Who appears out of nowhere while Frank waits in line to check in at the airport?
(a) Frank's doctor.
(b) Frank's ex-wife.
(c) Frank's mom.
(d) Frank's ex-lover.
3. Despite Frank's divorce, who is Frank still friends with?
(d) X's father.
4. In what mood does Frank find Vicki when he returns to the hotel after interviewing the football player?
5. How does Frank really want to feel for the football player as he listens to him during the meeting?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is something that Frank's ex-wife can live without?
2. What did Vicki and Frank plan to do while in Detroit but do not get the opportunity?
3. What did X find that caused X to end the marriage?
4. What university did Frank attend for a short time?
5. What type of accident was the football player Frank is interviewing involved in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Frank think X can go on with her life without getting married?
2. After Frank realizes it is too late to see Vicki after having drinks with Walter, what does Frank do?
3. How has the death of their son Ralph taken a big toll on Frank and X?
4. How did Frank find his welcoming at Berkshire College by the other professors?
5. What does Frank do when he returns to his office in New York after Easter?
6. Explain Frank's biggest conflict in his life at this beginning of the story.
7. When Frank returns from Detroit and sees Walter, Walter gives Frank something. What does Walter try to give Frank and how is it received by Frank?
8. Through this search for Walter's daughter in Florida, what has Walter given Frank?
9. Why does Frank have trouble saying "I love you," even to Vicki?
10. How is Frank handling his divorce with X?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)