|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frank has accepted what about his divorce?
(a) He is jealous of his ex-wife.
(b) It was his fault.
(c) He is very bitter about the divorce.
(d) His ex-wife is to blame.
2. Frank's doctor is described as a ____________.
3. What emotion does the football player evoke from Frank during their meeting?
4. How does Frank react to the story Walter told him?
(b) With fear.
(c) With disgust.
(d) He has no reaction.
5. Meeting early in the morning with this person has become what for Frank?
(a) A tradition.
(b) A desire.
(c) A ritual.
(d) An experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Frank meeting with someone early in the morning?
2. Frank meets a man named Walter. Where does Frank agree to have a drink with him?
3. What does Frank have trouble doing at the hotel?
4. Inside Vicki's wallet, Frank sees a picture. Who does Frank think is in the picture?
5. What did Frank plan on surprising Vicki with after the conclusion of his trip with a group of guys?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Frank arrives to pick Vicki up to go with him on the trip to Detroit in Chapter 2?
2. After Frank realizes it is too late to see Vicki after having drinks with Walter, what does Frank do?
3. Why is Frank traveling to Detroit in Chapter 2?
4. How does Frank's meeting with the football player in Detroit go? Why?
5. Frank returns to the hotel in Detroit after the interview to find Vicki depressed. Why is Vicki depressed?
6. Why do Frank and Vicki decide to leave Detroit early?
7. Explain Frank's biggest conflict in his life at this beginning of the story.
8. What happens while Frank is parked outside X's house in Chapter 4?
9. What was the key to Frank's divorce?
10. Who is Walter?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)