|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of "The Sportswriter," who does Frank meet early in the morning?
2. How does Frank really want to feel for the football player as he listens to him during the meeting?
3. What disease did Frank's son have?
(a) Cystic fibrosis.
(b) Reye's Syndrome.
4. How does Frank react to the story Walter told him?
(b) With fear.
(c) He has no reaction.
(d) With disgust.
5. What did Frank plan on surprising Vicki with after the conclusion of his trip with a group of guys?
(a) A visit and conversation.
(b) A gift.
(c) A movie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the group of men Frank has been spending time with call themselves?
2. What did Frank talk about with Walter?
3. How does Frank speak with his ex-wife?
4. Who does Vicki befriend on the plane trip to Detroit with Frank?
5. What does Frank do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Frank have trouble saying "I love you," even to Vicki?
2. How is Frank handling his divorce with X?
3. What makes Frank's human-interest story, the interview with the football player in Detroit, difficult to write?
4. Why is Frank traveling to Detroit in Chapter 2?
5. How has the death of their son Ralph taken a big toll on Frank and X?
6. How does Frank's meeting with the football player in Detroit go? Why?
7. Why do Frank and Vicki decide to leave Detroit early?
8. Detail Frank's writing career.
9. Why does Frank go through Vicki's purse?
10. How is the theme of quiet despair seen in the interview with the football player in Detroit?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)