|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of man is Frank?
2. What happened to the football player as a result of the accident?
(a) Confined to a wheelchair.
(b) Short hospital stay.
(c) Nothing (no injuries).
(d) Paralyzed in the hospital.
3. What or who leaves Vicki pessimistic about the future at the hotel in Detroit?
(a) The trip.
(b) A self-help book.
(d) The hotel.
4. At the beginning of the story, what is Frank lost within?
5. What does Vicki do when she gets to the hotel?
(a) Takes a shower.
(b) Goes for a walk.
(c) Makes a phone call.
(d) Settles into a chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. After whose death did Frank attend school?
2. How many siblings does Frank have?
3. At the beginning of "The Sportswriter," who does Frank meet early in the morning?
4. What disease did Frank's son have?
5. How does Frank react to the story Walter told him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Frank have trouble saying "I love you," even to Vicki?
2. After Frank realizes it is too late to see Vicki after having drinks with Walter, what does Frank do?
3. What is the Divorced Men Club?
4. What is normal and mundane to Frank?
5. What has X done since her divorce with Frank?
6. Why does Walter feel drawn to Frank?
7. Detail Frank's writing career.
8. What was the key to Frank's divorce?
9. What phone calls does Frank make once he and Vicki get to the hotel?
10. What makes Frank's human-interest story, the interview with the football player in Detroit, difficult to write?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)