|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vicki do when she gets to the hotel?
(a) Takes a shower.
(b) Settles into a chair.
(c) Goes for a walk.
(d) Makes a phone call.
2. What does Frank tell Vicki at the hotel?
(a) He is glad she is there.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He wants to make love.
3. What is the main thing Walter wants to speak with Frank about?
(b) He allowed a man to pick him up.
(d) The past.
4. What type of novel is "The Sportswriter"?
5. At the hotel in Detroit, what does Vicki accuse Frank of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Frank has accepted what about his divorce?
2. Frank finds himself looking through Vicki's bag or purse at the hotel. What is he looking for?
3. Why is Frank meeting with someone early in the morning?
4. What does Vicki have to drink at the hotel?
5. How old is Paul?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frank do when he has trouble sleeping at the hotel in Detroit?
2. Describe what happens at the Easter family dinner at Vicki's father's house.
3. What happens when Frank is met by his doctor while waiting in line at the airport?
4. How is Frank's desire to both be a part of his family again and to allow his ex-wife to go on with her life without him evident?
5. How does Frank's meeting with the football player in Detroit go? Why?
6. What is the Divorced Men Club?
7. What does Frank become obsessed with after Ralph's death and why does Frank become obsessed with them?
8. Why do Frank and Vicki decide to leave Detroit early?
9. What happens when Frank arrives at the police station Easter evening?
10. Why does Walter feel drawn to Frank?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)