|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Frank spend an evening speaking with prior to his divorce?
(a) His children.
(c) His boss.
(d) A bored housewife.
2. What type of novel is "The Sportswriter"?
3. Who does Frank call from the hotel?
(a) The football player.
4. How many siblings does Frank have?
5. Who is actually in the picture in Vicki's wallet?
(a) Vicki's step-brother.
(b) Vicki's ex-husband.
(c) Vicki's father.
(d) Vicki's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank speak with his ex-wife?
2. What branch of the military did Frank enlist in?
3. Where is Frank flying to in order to interview a football player as a human interest story?
4. Where does "The Sportswriter" by Richard Ford open?
5. How does Frank really want to feel for the football player as he listens to him during the meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Frank's desire to both be a part of his family again and to allow his ex-wife to go on with her life without him evident?
2. Why does Frank go through Vicki's purse?
3. What phone calls does Frank make once he and Vicki get to the hotel?
4. Explain Frank's biggest conflict in his life at this beginning of the story.
5. How is the theme of quiet despair seen in the interview with the football player in Detroit?
6. What happens when Frank is met by his doctor while waiting in line at the airport?
7. What happens while Frank is parked outside X's house in Chapter 4?
8. Why do Frank and Vicki decide to leave Detroit early?
9. Why does Frank have trouble saying "I love you," even to Vicki?
10. Why does Frank hope Vicki does not come back while his doctor is around at the airport?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)