|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease did Frank's son have?
(b) Reye's Syndrome.
(d) Cystic fibrosis.
2. Inside Vicki's wallet, Frank sees a picture. Who does Frank think is in the picture?
(a) Vicki's uncle.
(b) Vicki's ex-husband.
(c) Vicki's brother.
(d) Vicki's father.
3. What type of novel is "The Sportswriter"?
4. What did Vicki and Frank plan to do while in Detroit but do not get the opportunity?
(a) Visit friends.
(d) Visit family.
5. Meeting early in the morning with this person has become what for Frank?
(a) An experience.
(b) A tradition.
(c) A desire.
(d) A ritual.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Frank searches through Vicki's purse, what does he find?
2. What branch of the military did Frank enlist in?
3. What does Vicki have to drink at the hotel?
4. How does Frank feel prior to the meeting with the football player in Detroit?
5. How does Frank feel when Vicki arrives in Chapter 3, knowing he is there with his doctor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Frank have trouble saying "I love you," even to Vicki?
2. Why does Walter feel drawn to Frank?
3. What is the Divorced Men Club?
4. After Frank realizes it is too late to see Vicki after having drinks with Walter, what does Frank do?
5. What has become a ritual for Frank and X?
6. How is Frank handling his divorce with X?
7. Frank returns to the hotel in Detroit after the interview to find Vicki depressed. Why is Vicki depressed?
8. What is normal and mundane to Frank?
9. What phone calls does Frank make once he and Vicki get to the hotel?
10. Explain Frank's biggest conflict in his life at this beginning of the story.
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)