|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank do when he gets to the hotel?
(a) Settles into a chair.
(b) Goes for a walk.
(c) Takes a shower.
(d) Makes phone calls.
2. After meeting with his ex-wife, what does Frank prepare for when he returns home?
3. What does Frank's wife do for a living?
(a) Fiction writer.
(b) Golf professional.
(c) Golf instructor.
4. At the beginning of the story, what is Frank lost within?
5. Where does Frank stop for a moment after driving around town after having drinks with Walter?
(a) A palm readers.
(b) His ex-wife's house.
(c) A grocery store.
(d) The bowling alley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears out of nowhere while Frank waits in line to check in at the airport?
2. Who is Paul?
3. What did X find that caused X to end the marriage?
4. What major theme seen throughout the book is seen in Frank's interview with the football player?
5. Who did Frank spend an evening speaking with prior to his divorce?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Frank traveling to Detroit in Chapter 2?
2. What is normal and mundane to Frank?
3. Why does Walter feel drawn to Frank?
4. What do Frank and Vicki do after landing in Detroit?
5. Does Frank think X can go on with her life without getting married?
6. Why does Frank have trouble saying "I love you," even to Vicki?
7. What phone calls does Frank make once he and Vicki get to the hotel?
8. What happens when Frank is met by his doctor while waiting in line at the airport?
9. How is Frank handling his divorce with X?
10. What happens while Frank is parked outside X's house in Chapter 4?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)