|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Frank's ex-wife responsible for taking care of?
(a) Herself and her two children.
(b) Herself and her four children.
(c) Herself and her one child.
(d) Herself and her three children.
2. How does Frank really want to feel for the football player as he listens to him during the meeting?
3. What does Frank do when he gets to the hotel?
(a) Takes a shower.
(b) Goes for a walk.
(c) Makes phone calls.
(d) Settles into a chair.
4. Despite Frank's divorce, who is Frank still friends with?
(b) X's father.
5. What does Frank have trouble doing at the hotel?
(c) Going to the bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul wonder about with his dad toward the end of Chapter 4?
2. Frank meets a man named Walter. Where does Frank agree to have a drink with him?
3. Meeting early in the morning with this person has become what for Frank?
4. At the beginning of the story, what is Frank lost within?
5. Where does Frank find Vicki waiting for him when he arrives at her condo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has become a ritual for Frank and X?
2. What is Frank nervous about with Vicki in Detroit?
3. Why is Frank traveling to Detroit in Chapter 2?
4. What is normal and mundane to Frank?
5. Detail Frank's writing career.
6. Who is Walter?
7. What does Frank do when he has trouble sleeping at the hotel in Detroit?
8. What happens when Frank is met by his doctor while waiting in line at the airport?
9. Why does Walter feel drawn to Frank?
10. How is Frank handling his divorce with X?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)