|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Frank feel prior to the meeting with the football player in Detroit?
2. Frank finds himself looking through Vicki's bag or purse at the hotel. What is he looking for?
(a) A picture.
(b) A tissue.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A cell phone.
3. What does Paul have when he comes outside his house in Chapter 4?
(b) Pepsi cola.
(c) Easter decorations.
(d) A homing pigeon.
4. What does Vicki have to drink at the hotel?
5. What type of conversation does Frank remember having with a friend while he watches Vicki on the plane trip to Detroit?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Frank meet early the next morning while in Detroit?
2. What does Paul wonder about with his dad toward the end of Chapter 4?
3. At the beginning of the story, what is Frank lost within?
4. What did Frank plan on surprising Vicki with after the conclusion of his trip with a group of guys?
5. After Vicki finds Frank looking in her purse at the hotel, what is Frank worried Vicki will do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the theme of quiet despair seen in the interview with the football player in Detroit?
2. What happens while Frank is parked outside X's house in Chapter 4?
3. Why does Frank have trouble saying "I love you," even to Vicki?
4. What happens when Frank arrives to pick Vicki up to go with him on the trip to Detroit in Chapter 2?
5. How is Frank handling his divorce with X?
6. What phone calls does Frank make once he and Vicki get to the hotel?
7. Why does Frank hope Vicki does not come back while his doctor is around at the airport?
8. What do Frank and Vicki do after landing in Detroit?
9. What has X done since her divorce with Frank?
10. Explain Frank's biggest conflict in his life at this beginning of the story.
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)