|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What or who leaves Vicki pessimistic about the future at the hotel in Detroit?
(a) The hotel.
(b) The trip.
(c) A self-help book.
2. How is Frank's ex-wife best described as?
3. What type of man is Frank?
4. How does Frank speak with his ex-wife?
(a) With bitterness.
(b) Like nothing happened.
(c) He doesn't speak to her.
(d) Like a close friend.
5. Frank meets a man named Walter. Where does Frank agree to have a drink with him?
(a) Coffee shop.
(b) Book store.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the hotel in Detroit, what does Vicki accuse Frank of?
2. What does Frank admit to the reader about his ex-wife?
3. How does Frank feel prior to the meeting with the football player in Detroit?
4. Who or what was ultimately responsible for ending Frank's marriage?
5. Why does Frank think Vicki feels the way she does when he returns to the hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What phone calls does Frank make once he and Vicki get to the hotel?
2. How has the death of their son Ralph taken a big toll on Frank and X?
3. What has become a ritual for Frank and X?
4. Frank returns to the hotel in Detroit after the interview to find Vicki depressed. Why is Vicki depressed?
5. How is the theme of quiet despair seen in the interview with the football player in Detroit?
6. How is Frank's desire to both be a part of his family again and to allow his ex-wife to go on with her life without him evident?
7. How does Frank's meeting with the football player in Detroit go? Why?
8. What was the key to Frank's divorce?
9. What does Frank do when he has trouble sleeping at the hotel in Detroit?
10. Why does Frank have trouble saying "I love you," even to Vicki?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)