|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Frank and his now ex-wife settle after they were married?
(b) New York.
(c) New Jersey.
(d) New Hampshire.
2. What type of novel is "The Sportswriter"?
3. What does Frank tell Vicki at the hotel?
(a) He loves her.
(c) He is glad she is there.
(d) He wants to make love.
4. What does Vicki have to drink at the hotel?
5. On what holiday weekend do Frank and Vicki travel?
(a) Fourth of July.
(d) Labor Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Frank's ex-wife best described as?
2. How many siblings does Frank have?
3. Who is Frank's ex-wife responsible for taking care of?
4. What do Frank and Paul discuss while outside?
5. Meeting early in the morning with this person has become what for Frank?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the theme of quiet despair seen in the interview with the football player in Detroit?
2. How has the death of their son Ralph taken a big toll on Frank and X?
3. How does Frank's meeting with the football player in Detroit go? Why?
4. Who is Walter?
5. Frank returns to the hotel in Detroit after the interview to find Vicki depressed. Why is Vicki depressed?
6. Why does Frank have trouble saying "I love you," even to Vicki?
7. What is the Divorced Men Club?
8. What has X done since her divorce with Frank?
9. What does Frank do when he has trouble sleeping at the hotel in Detroit?
10. Why does Frank hope Vicki does not come back while his doctor is around at the airport?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)