|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Inside Vicki's wallet, Frank sees a picture. Who does Frank think is in the picture?
(a) Vicki's uncle.
(b) Vicki's ex-husband.
(c) Vicki's brother.
(d) Vicki's father.
2. What university did Frank attend for a short time?
(c) Notre Dame.
(d) Southern California.
3. When Frank has trouble in the hotel, what does Frank turn on?
(a) An iPod.
(b) A television.
(c) A radio.
(d) A computer.
4. What type of novel is "The Sportswriter"?
5. Frank finds himself looking through Vicki's bag or purse at the hotel. What is he looking for?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A picture.
(c) A cell phone.
(d) A tissue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Frank call from the hotel?
2. How many siblings does Frank have?
3. Where does "The Sportswriter" by Richard Ford open?
4. What type of man is Frank?
5. At the hotel in Detroit, what does Vicki accuse Frank of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Frank is met by his doctor while waiting in line at the airport?
2. Why does Frank go through Vicki's purse?
3. What is the Divorced Men Club?
4. What makes Frank's human-interest story, the interview with the football player in Detroit, difficult to write?
5. How is the theme of quiet despair seen in the interview with the football player in Detroit?
6. Why is Frank traveling to Detroit in Chapter 2?
7. Why does Walter feel drawn to Frank?
8. What phone calls does Frank make once he and Vicki get to the hotel?
9. What has X done since her divorce with Frank?
10. What is Frank nervous about with Vicki in Detroit?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)