|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Due to depression, what do Vicki and Frank end up doing after Frank returns from his meeting in Detroit?
(a) Going drinking.
(b) Going to the airport.
(c) Going to dinner.
(d) Going sightseeing.
2. What type of illness prevented Frank from going to Vietnam?
3. At the beginning of "The Sportswriter," who does Frank meet early in the morning?
4. What is the weather like in Detroit this holiday weekend?
(a) Winter storm.
(c) Severe fog.
5. What type of conversation does Frank remember having with a friend while he watches Vicki on the plane trip to Detroit?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Vicki and Frank travel from the airport to the hotel?
2. How is Frank's ex-wife best described as?
3. What does the football player say he does not expect big things from?
4. How does Frank feel when Vicki arrives in Chapter 3, knowing he is there with his doctor?
5. What major theme seen throughout the book is seen in Frank's interview with the football player?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Frank think X can go on with her life without getting married?
2. How has the death of their son Ralph taken a big toll on Frank and X?
3. Who is Walter?
4. What happens when Frank arrives to pick Vicki up to go with him on the trip to Detroit in Chapter 2?
5. Detail Frank's writing career.
6. What happens when Frank is met by his doctor while waiting in line at the airport?
7. Why does Frank hope Vicki does not come back while his doctor is around at the airport?
8. How is Frank handling his divorce with X?
9. Why does Walter feel drawn to Frank?
10. Why is Frank traveling to Detroit in Chapter 2?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)