|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of school does this football player Frank is interviewing plan to attend?
2. What type of school did Frank attend?
3. Why does Frank think Vicki feels the way she does when he returns to the hotel?
(a) He left the hotel.
(b) Low self-esteem.
(c) His actions during the night.
(d) His insecurity.
4. What did Frank do more of on the trip than anything else before leaving with Vicki to Detroit?
5. Where does "The Sportswriter" by Richard Ford open?
(a) In Haddam.
(b) In a bar.
(c) In a cemetery.
(d) In Detroit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is actually in the picture in Vicki's wallet?
2. What did Vicki and Frank plan to do while in Detroit but do not get the opportunity?
3. How does Frank really want to feel for the football player as he listens to him during the meeting?
4. How do Vicki and Frank travel from the airport to the hotel?
5. What does Frank try to do to Vicki when he returns from the interview in Detroit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Frank at when he is making a phone call after leaving Wade's house and what happens while he is making a call?
2. What phone calls does Frank make once he and Vicki get to the hotel?
3. Why does Frank have trouble saying "I love you," even to Vicki?
4. Explain how Frank got a job offer to teach at Berkshire College.
5. Why do Frank and Vicki decide to leave Detroit early?
6. Describe Frank's relationship with another of Berkshire College's professors, Selma, while Frank taught at Berkshire.
7. What does Frank do once he sees a woman he believes he knows in a catalog?
8. What happens when Frank arrives at the police station Easter evening?
9. Did X and the children visit Frank at Berkshire College? Give examples to support your answer.
10. Where does Frank read Walter's letter and what makes him so shocked?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)