|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vicki do when she gets to the hotel?
(a) Makes a phone call.
(b) Takes a shower.
(c) Goes for a walk.
(d) Settles into a chair.
2. What does the group of men Frank has been spending time with call themselves?
(a) Kiwanis Club.
(b) Divorced Men Club.
(c) Haddam Divorced Men.
(d) Rotary International.
3. When Frank searches through Vicki's purse, what does he find?
(a) A cell phone.
(b) A cigarettes.
(c) A tissue.
(d) A picture.
4. What did Frank do more of on the trip than anything else before leaving with Vicki to Detroit?
5. What type of novel is "The Sportswriter"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Frank and his now ex-wife settle after they were married?
2. How is Frank's ex-wife best described as?
3. What is this woman who Frank is seeing do for a living?
4. At the beginning of "The Sportswriter," who does Frank meet early in the morning?
5. How does Frank really want to feel for the football player as he listens to him during the meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Frank's biggest conflict in his life at this beginning of the story.
2. Why does Walter feel drawn to Frank?
3. What happens when Frank is met by his doctor while waiting in line at the airport?
4. Frank returns to the hotel in Detroit after the interview to find Vicki depressed. Why is Vicki depressed?
5. What phone calls does Frank make once he and Vicki get to the hotel?
6. What happens when Frank arrives to pick Vicki up to go with him on the trip to Detroit in Chapter 2?
7. How is Frank handling his divorce with X?
8. Why does Frank have trouble saying "I love you," even to Vicki?
9. Why does Frank go through Vicki's purse?
10. What is the Divorced Men Club?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)