|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of school did Frank attend?
2. Where does Frank stop for a moment after driving around town after having drinks with Walter?
(a) A palm readers.
(b) His ex-wife's house.
(c) The bowling alley.
(d) A grocery store.
3. Due to depression, what do Vicki and Frank end up doing after Frank returns from his meeting in Detroit?
(a) Going drinking.
(b) Going to the airport.
(c) Going sightseeing.
(d) Going to dinner.
4. What type of accident was the football player Frank is interviewing involved in?
5. Where did Frank and his now ex-wife settle after they were married?
(a) New Hampshire.
(b) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of illness prevented Frank from going to Vietnam?
2. What is the football player full of, due to what happened to him?
3. Who does Frank call from the hotel?
4. What do Frank and Paul discuss while outside?
5. On what holiday weekend do Frank and Vicki travel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is normal and mundane to Frank?
2. What has X done since her divorce with Frank?
3. What happens when Frank is met by his doctor while waiting in line at the airport?
4. How does Frank's meeting with the football player in Detroit go? Why?
5. Explain Frank's biggest conflict in his life at this beginning of the story.
6. Why does Walter feel drawn to Frank?
7. Why does Frank hope Vicki does not come back while his doctor is around at the airport?
8. How has the death of their son Ralph taken a big toll on Frank and X?
9. Why does Frank have trouble saying "I love you," even to Vicki?
10. Why do Frank and Vicki decide to leave Detroit early?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)