|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main thing Walter wants to speak with Frank about?
(a) He allowed a man to pick him up.
(b) The past.
2. How does Frank really want to feel for the football player as he listens to him during the meeting?
3. What did Vicki and Frank plan to do while in Detroit but do not get the opportunity?
(a) Visit family.
(c) Visit friends.
4. How does Frank speak with his ex-wife?
(a) He doesn't speak to her.
(b) Like nothing happened.
(c) Like a close friend.
(d) With bitterness.
5. What does Frank have trouble doing at the hotel?
(b) Going to the bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Frank's ex-wife responsible for taking care of?
2. Frank meets a man named Walter. Where does Frank agree to have a drink with him?
3. Despite Frank's divorce, who is Frank still friends with?
4. What emotion does the football player evoke from Frank during their meeting?
5. After having drinks in Chapter 4, where does Frank find himself parked after having drinks with Walter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What phone calls does Frank make once he and Vicki get to the hotel?
2. How does Frank's meeting with the football player in Detroit go? Why?
3. How has the death of their son Ralph taken a big toll on Frank and X?
4. What is the Divorced Men Club?
5. How is the theme of quiet despair seen in the interview with the football player in Detroit?
6. Why is Frank traveling to Detroit in Chapter 2?
7. Does Frank think X can go on with her life without getting married?
8. What happens while Frank is parked outside X's house in Chapter 4?
9. Why does Frank have trouble saying "I love you," even to Vicki?
10. Why does Walter feel drawn to Frank?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)