|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank buy in Florida?
(a) A boat.
(b) A house.
(c) A condo.
(d) A car.
2. How does Frank react to what Walter attempts to do in Chapter 8?
(a) Pushes him away.
(b) Plays along.
(d) Accepts it.
3. Where does Frank finally read Walter's letter?
(a) At home.
(b) The train.
(c) At Walter's apartment.
(d) In his car.
4. What was the other professor who lived with Frank at the college interested in from Frank?
5. After Frank tells the visitor he is tired from his trip, what does the visitor do?
(a) Ignores him.
(b) Helps him.
(c) Listens to him.
(d) Leads him.
6. What person does Vicki want to tell Frank about at her father's?
(a) Frank's doctor.
(b) Vicki's dad.
(c) Frank's friend.
(d) Vicki's brother.
7. As a result of Frank's kindness, what can't Walter do?
(c) Settle down.
8. How did the relationship with the professor Frank lived with at the college begin and end?
9. Frank discovers a woman he knew from a catalog and goes to visit her. How does this visit make Frank feel?
(a) Better about his life.
(c) Worse about his life.
10. Where does Frank stop on the way to see Vicki's father in Chapter 10?
(a) Gas station.
(c) Small sports bar.
11. How did Frank find the other professors at the college he taught at?
12. What does Frank do when he finally gets home from Easter dinner?
(b) Listens to messages.
(c) Re-bandages his injury.
(d) Lies down for a nap.
13. While looking at a catalog, Frank sees a woman he believes he knows. Where does Frank go to see if it is the woman he knows?
(a) The post office.
(b) The census bureau.
(c) The telephone book.
(d) The library.
14. What does Frank suggest that Vicki and he do at her father's house?
(c) Play croquet.
(d) Watch television.
15. Who offered the college teaching position to Frank?
(a) The associate dean.
(b) The dean.
(c) A department head.
(d) The president.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank quickly learn about Vicki and Lynette?
2. Where is Walter's child said to be in the letter?
3. Where does Frank make a telephone call on the way home from Easter dinner?
4. What does Frank do before going to the police station?
5. What has this investigation brought to Frank?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)