|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Frank's state throughout the book been?
2. While sitting down at Vicki's father's house, what does Vicki want to talk to Frank about?
(a) Her family.
(c) Playing a game.
(d) Their relationship.
3. Where does Frank make a telephone call on the way home from Easter dinner?
(a) A drive-in.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) Phone booth.
(d) Cell phone.
4. What does Walter tell Frank he would like to do after the gesture of kindness?
(d) Drive around.
5. Which of the following has not been a major theme of "The Sportswriter"?
6. What does Frank buy in Florida?
(a) A condo.
(b) A car.
(c) A house.
(d) A boat.
7. What crashes into a phone booth while Frank is in it?
(a) A car.
(b) A carhop.
(c) A truck.
(d) A shopping cart.
8. What does Frank believe he has finally found at the end of the story?
9. While Frank is at his desk in Chapter 13, who comes over to see Frank?
(a) A visitor from another magazine.
(b) His boss.
(c) A colleague.
(d) An intern.
10. How does Frank react to what Walter attempts to do in Chapter 8?
(b) Accepts it.
(c) Plays along.
(d) Pushes him away.
11. What was the other professor who lived with Frank at the college interested in from Frank?
12. Where is Walter's child said to be in the letter?
13. What does Frank suggest that Vicki and he do at her father's house?
(a) Watch television.
(d) Play croquet.
14. How does Frank feel because he believes Vicki is unhappy with him when he arrives at her father's place?
15. What does Frank remember most about living with the other professor at the college?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Frank teach for a semester?
2. When Frank imagines what his family is doing on the holiday in Chapter 9, how does this make him feel?
3. Where does Frank stop on the way to see Vicki's father in Chapter 10?
4. What is the meeting Frank stuck his head in on about?
5. How late does Frank arrive at Vicki's father's place?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)