|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman Frank is seeing?
2. What type of man is Frank?
3. What did Vicki and Frank plan to do while in Detroit but do not get the opportunity?
(b) Visit friends.
(c) Visit family.
4. What happened to the football player as a result of the accident?
(a) Short hospital stay.
(b) Confined to a wheelchair.
(c) Paralyzed in the hospital.
(d) Nothing (no injuries).
5. What type of novel is "The Sportswriter"?
6. What do Frank and Paul discuss while outside?
(c) Paul's sister.
7. How does Frank feel when Vicki arrives in Chapter 3, knowing he is there with his doctor?
8. After whose death did Frank attend school?
9. Why is Frank meeting with someone early in the morning?
(a) For a family incident.
(b) For a breakfast meeting.
(c) It is his son's birthday.
(d) It is his daughter's birthday.
10. What emotion does the football player evoke from Frank during their meeting?
11. Why does Frank think Vicki feels the way she does when he returns to the hotel?
(a) Low self-esteem.
(b) He left the hotel.
(c) His actions during the night.
(d) His insecurity.
12. Where does "The Sportswriter" by Richard Ford open?
(a) In Haddam.
(b) In Detroit.
(c) In a bar.
(d) In a cemetery.
13. What does Frank admit to the reader about his ex-wife?
(a) He has not forgiven her.
(b) He dislikes her.
(c) He is jealous of her.
(d) He is still in love with her.
14. What did Frank do more of on the trip than anything else before leaving with Vicki to Detroit?
15. What university did Frank attend for a short time?
(c) Southern California.
(d) Notre Dame.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the football player full of, due to what happened to him?
2. How does Frank really want to feel for the football player as he listens to him during the meeting?
3. Who or what was ultimately responsible for ending Frank's marriage?
4. What does Paul do toward the end of Chapter 4 when his dad is getting ready to leave?
5. Where is Frank flying to in order to interview a football player as a human interest story?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)