|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the story, what is Frank lost within?
2. What does Paul have when he comes outside his house in Chapter 4?
(a) Pepsi cola.
(b) A homing pigeon.
(c) Easter decorations.
3. What does Vicki insist on buying at the airport?
(a) Flight insurance.
4. Who does Frank meet early the next morning while in Detroit?
(a) The football player.
(d) His ex-father-in-law.
5. What does Paul do toward the end of Chapter 4 when his dad is getting ready to leave?
(a) Disagrees with Frank.
(b) Runs back inside after noticing Frank.
(c) Talks to Frank and then leaves for a friend's house.
(d) Invites Frank inside.
6. What do Frank and Paul discuss while outside?
(d) Paul's sister.
7. Why is Frank meeting with someone early in the morning?
(a) It is his daughter's birthday.
(b) For a breakfast meeting.
(c) For a family incident.
(d) It is his son's birthday.
8. Who is Paul?
(a) A member of the Divorced Men Club.
(b) Frank's son.
(c) Frank's deceased son.
(d) Frank's colleague.
9. Why does Frank think Vicki feels the way she does when he returns to the hotel?
(a) His insecurity.
(b) He left the hotel.
(c) Low self-esteem.
(d) His actions during the night.
10. What disease did Frank's son have?
(a) Reye's Syndrome.
(b) Cystic fibrosis.
11. What does the football player say he does not expect big things from?
(a) Law school.
(b) Players he motivates.
(c) The way he motivates people.
(d) His work.
12. Due to depression, what do Vicki and Frank end up doing after Frank returns from his meeting in Detroit?
(a) Going sightseeing.
(b) Going to the airport.
(c) Going to dinner.
(d) Going drinking.
13. What university did Frank attend for a short time?
(b) Notre Dame.
(c) Southern California.
14. What type of accident was the football player Frank is interviewing involved in?
15. After having drinks in Chapter 4, where does Frank find himself parked after having drinks with Walter?
(a) A palm readers.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) The Bowling alley.
(d) His ex-wife's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of school did Frank attend?
2. What does Frank's wife do for a living?
3. How many siblings does Frank have?
4. What emotion does the football player evoke from Frank during their meeting?
5. Who appears out of nowhere while Frank waits in line to check in at the airport?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)