• Frank Bascombe waits for his ex-wife in a cemetery in the early morning hours.
• Frank meets his ex-wife there each year on their deceased son's birthday.
• Frank arrives first and while he waits, he thinks about how his ex-wife has gotten her life together after their divorce.
• X works as a golf pro at a local golf course, dating the many men who use her services.
• X is happy in her life, taking care of herself and their two surviving children.
• Frank has gone on with his life as well, dating a young nurse named Vicki.
Chapters 2 and 3
• Frank returns home to prepare for his trip after his meeting with X.
• Frank thinks about his unremarkable past through his morning routine.
• Frank makes a couple of telephone calls before leaving to pick up Vicki.
• Frank is taking Vicki to Detroit on a part-working part-holiday trip.
• Frank travels...
This section contains 1,608 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)