|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enlarged ambrotypes of pioneers?
(a) Davis Matlock.
(b) Rutherford McDowell.
(c) William H. Herndon.
(d) Samuel Gardner.
2. Why did Henry C. Calhoun want to avenge?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His son.
(d) His wife.
3. What saved Alfred Moir's soul?
(a) A sunrise.
(b) A prayer.
(c) A book.
4. What did Edith Conant lament?
(a) Dying alone.
(c) The death of her husband.
(d) Never leaving Spoon River.
5. When did Hamlet Micure have visions?
(a) During a long fever.
(b) While drunk.
(c) Under hypnosis.
(d) While fasting.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Elizabeth Childers lose a child?
2. How long did Isaiah Beethoven discover he had to live?
3. Where did Aaron Hatfield speak?
4. Who is condemned by the church?
5. What plant did Calvin Campbell wonder about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who killed Tom Merritt? What happened to Mrs. Merritt and her lover after Tom's murder?
2. How does William Goode justify his aimless wandering?
3. Compare and contrast E. C. Culbertson and Hildrup Tubbs.
4. How is the epitaph about the many soldiers different from the other epitaphs in the "Spoon River Anthology"?
5. Compare and contrast Zilpha Marsh and Lydia Humphrey.
6. Many residents suffered greatly because of bad luck. Give at least one example of such a resident.
7. What does Lyman King say about Fate?
8. How was Lucinda Matlock able to deal with the deaths of eight of her twelve children?
9. How did Felix Schmidt lose what little he had in life?
10. What is one theme in the section beginning with William H. Herndon and ending with Alfonzo Churchill?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)