|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom was Rosie Roberts angry?
(a) Hortense Robbins.
(b) A. D. Blood.
(c) The military.
(d) The crooked police.
2. Who killed Yee Bow?
(a) The minister.
(b) The sheriff.
(c) The minister's son.
(d) The sheriff's wife.
3. Who said that love is to find your own soul through the soul of another?
(a) Ida Chickens.
(b) Mary McNeely.
(c) Elsa Wertman.
(d) Amelia Garrick.
4. How did Amanda Barker's husband kill her?
(a) By impregnating her.
(b) By stabbing her.
(c) By poisoning her.
(d) By scaring her, causing a heart attack.
5. Whose name was daily in the papers?
(a) Mrs. Bandle.
(b) Rosie Roberts.
(c) Widow McFarlane.
(d) Hortense Robbins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did a resident of Spoon River steal blankets?
2. Who betrayed Josiah Tompkins?
3. How did Hod Putt die?
4. With whose beliefs did Jefferson Howard fight valiantly?
5. What did Eugenia Todd see the destructiveness of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the relationship between Hamilton Greene and Elsa Wertman.
2. Name three residents of Spoon River who are considered foolish in the section from Conrad Siever to Cooney Potter. Why is each considered foolish?
3. What does John Cabanis say did NOT contribute to his decision to leave the conservative party to lead the liberal party?
4. Name three residents of Spoon River who are considered failures in the section from Conrad Siever to Cooney Potter. Why is each considered a failure?
5. What is inspiring about Lois Spears?
6. How is Emily Sparks different from the other residents at the beginning of the "Spoon River Anthology"? How does she fit in with the other residents?
7. Explain the relationship between Roscoe and Mrs. Purkapile.
8. What is a common theme in the residents of the section beginning with John Cabanis and ending with Searcy Foote? Give an example.
9. Explain how Fiddler Jones was able to die without a single regret.
10. Explain the relationship between Harmon Whitney and the other residents of Spoon River. Why did this relationship exist?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)