|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Rebecca Wasson's husband?
2. Who was the Sunday school superintendent?
(a) John Wasson.
(b) Lyman King.
(c) Henry Phipps.
(d) Calvin Campbell.
3. To what age did Lucinda Matlock live?
(b) One hundred and two.
4. What did Alfonzo Churchill study?
5. Why did Harlan Sewall repay someone?
(a) For healing him.
(b) For giving him goods on credit.
(c) For friendship.
(d) For sparing his life.
6. What happened to Henry Tripp when the bank broke?
(a) He lost his job.
(b) He lost his farm.
(c) He no longer had a mortgage.
(d) He lost his savings.
7. What did Calvin Campbell wonder about a plant?
(a) How it knows when to bloom.
(b) How it can grow in dark places.
(c) How it knows to be itchy.
(d) How it finds poison in the soil.
8. How long did Isaiah Beethoven discover he had to live?
(a) One year.
(b) Less than one year.
(c) Three months.
(d) Six months.
9. Who is sent by the conservative party to intimidate voters?
(a) Hog-eyed Allen.
(b) Jefferson Howard.
(c) Bengal Mike.
(d) A. D. Blood.
10. How did Immanuel Ehrenhardt look for the secret of life?
(a) Attending religion courses.
(b) Traveling the world.
(c) Reading widely.
(d) Praying for six hours each day.
11. Why does The Spooniad end abruptly?
(a) Edgar Lee Masters died before completing it.
(b) Bengal Mike is telling the story.
(c) It is a fragment.
(d) Edgar Lee Masters did not know how to end it.
12. What did Edith Conant lament?
(a) The death of her husband.
(b) Never leaving Spoon River.
(d) Dying alone.
13. Of what did Aaron Hatfield speak?
(a) The mother of the Lord.
(b) The peasant boy from Galilee.
(d) Eternal life.
14. Who always had the face of a boy?
(a) Father Malloy.
(b) Ami Green.
(c) Harlan Sewall.
(d) Charles Webster.
15. When did Hamlet Micure have visions?
(a) Under hypnosis.
(b) While fasting.
(c) While drunk.
(d) During a long fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Richard Bone do?
2. Where did Archibald Higbie move to?
3. On whom does The Spooniad focus?
4. With what did Russell Kincaid have a kinship?
5. What did Silas Dement burn down?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)