|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose work did Thomas Trevelyan read?
(b) Thomas Aquinas's.
2. What does the person condemned by the church do in retaliation?
(a) Throw a dance.
(b) Burn the church down.
(c) Leave town.
(d) Burn the courthouse down.
3. Why does The Spooniad end abruptly?
(a) Bengal Mike is telling the story.
(b) Edgar Lee Masters died before completing it.
(c) It is a fragment.
(d) Edgar Lee Masters did not know how to end it.
4. Who died and left his beloved behind, bidding her to be brave?
(a) Harlan Sewall.
(b) Henry Phipps.
(c) Charles Webster.
(d) Father Malloy.
5. Who believed Life is for feasting upon?
(a) Jeduthan Hawley.
(b) Edmund Pollard.
(c) Daisy Fraser.
(d) Thomas Trevelyan.
6. With what was Webster Ford infatuated?
(a) Judson Stoddard.
(d) Delphic Apollo.
7. Where did Lucinda Matlock's husband see the activity of human life?
(a) In the life of a spider.
(b) In an ant farm.
(c) In a beehive.
(d) In schools of fish.
8. What love of William Jones's made him beloved?
9. Why did Hannah Armstrong contact President Lincoln?
(a) To thank him for his work.
(b) To discover his favorite meal.
(c) About taxes.
(d) About an Army discharge.
10. Who saw the countless wonders of God's creation all around him?
(a) Tennessee Claflin Slope.
(b) The Village Atheist.
(c) Plymouth Rock Joe.
(d) Scholfield Hurley.
11. What did Joseph Dixon tune?
(a) Violins and cellos.
(b) Harps and pianos.
(c) Guitars and pianos.
12. What did Elijah Browning tell a story about?
(a) Making it rain.
(b) Crossing a desert.
(c) Climbing a mountain.
(d) Swimming the English Channel.
13. Who is sent by the conservative party to intimidate voters?
(a) Bengal Mike.
(b) A. D. Blood.
(c) Jefferson Howard.
(d) Hog-eyed Allen.
14. Who is condemned by the church?
(b) John Cabanis.
(c) Hog-eyed Allen.
(d) A transient who was passing through.
15. Why did Henry C. Calhoun want to avenge?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His son.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Silas Dement burn down?
2. What plant did Calvin Campbell wonder about?
3. With what did Russell Kincaid have a kinship?
4. What did Dippold the Optician see eyeglass lenses as a metaphor for?
5. Who wrote an article on the intelligence of plants?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)