|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did people think of Willie Pennington?
(a) He sabotaged his brothers.
(b) He had no ambition.
(c) He was envious of his brothers.
(d) He was a simpleton.
2. What did Felix Schmidt lose to Christian Dallman?
(a) His five-acre plot.
(b) His life savings.
(c) His team of horses.
(d) His wife.
3. Whose work did Thomas Trevelyan read?
(d) Thomas Aquinas's.
4. Who was the laughing stock of Spoon River?
(a) Immanuel Ehrenhardt.
(b) Scholfield Hurley.
(c) Tennessee Claflin Slope.
(d) J. Milton Miles.
5. What did Edith Conant lament?
(a) The death of her husband.
(c) Never leaving Spoon River.
(d) Dying alone.
6. What was the name of John Wasson's wife?
(d) Mary Anne.
7. Who cursed God?
(a) Julian Scott.
(b) Willie Pennington.
(c) John Ballard.
(d) The Village Atheist.
8. Where did Ippolit Konovaloff work?
(d) Spoon River.
9. Why does The Spooniad end abruptly?
(a) Bengal Mike is telling the story.
(b) Edgar Lee Masters did not know how to end it.
(c) Edgar Lee Masters died before completing it.
(d) It is a fragment.
10. Who is sent by the conservative party to intimidate voters?
(a) Jefferson Howard.
(b) A. D. Blood.
(c) Bengal Mike.
(d) Hog-eyed Allen.
11. In what did Mabel Osborne see her life?
(a) A drooping geranium.
(b) Gray dish water.
(c) Unfolded laundry.
(d) A discarded banana peel.
12. Where did Archibald Higbie move to?
13. Where did Harry Wilmans follow the flag to?
14. Who is condemned by the church?
(a) Hog-eyed Allen.
(c) John Cabanis.
(d) A transient who was passing through.
15. Why did Hannah Armstrong contact President Lincoln?
(a) About an Army discharge.
(b) To discover his favorite meal.
(c) To thank him for his work.
(d) About taxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what did Lydia Humphrey love?
2. Where did Gustav Richter work long days?
3. Who believed Life is for feasting upon?
4. With what did Russell Kincaid have a kinship?
5. On whom does The Spooniad focus?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)