|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Hod Putt die?
(a) He killed himself.
(b) He was hanged.
(c) He was robbed and shot.
(d) He died of consumption.
2. What hit Johnnie Sayre?
(a) A horse and rider.
(b) A tractor.
(c) A train.
(d) A carriage.
3. What did Widow McFarlane do for the village?
(a) Clean houses.
(b) Watch children.
(c) Weave carpets.
(d) Bake pies.
4. To what animal does Robert Fulton Tanner compare man?
5. Why was Dr. Siegrfied Iseman thrown in jail?
(a) Practicing medicine without a license.
(b) Selling Elixir of Youth.
(c) Encouraging women not to have children.
(d) Selling hair tonic.
6. How did Pauline Barrett die?
(a) She died because she could not reach the surgeon in time.
(b) She died in surgery.
(c) She died from an infection after surgery.
(d) She killed herself.
7. Whose name was daily in the papers?
(a) Rosie Roberts.
(b) Mrs. Bandle.
(c) Hortense Robbins.
(d) Widow McFarlane.
8. Who drove Georgina Sand Miner from home?
(a) Her stepmother.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her mother-in-law.
9. What poem describes the Spoon River Cemetery?
(a) "The Hill."
(b) "Spoon River Cemetery."
(c) "Ollie McGee."
(d) "The Cemetery."
10. Who burned down Nancy Knapp's house?
(a) Pauline Barrett.
(b) Franklin Jones.
(c) Nancy Knapp.
(d) Wendell P. Bloyd.
11. How did Amanda Barker's husband kill her?
(a) By stabbing her.
(b) By scaring her, causing a heart attack.
(c) By impregnating her.
(d) By poisoning her.
12. Who was the several-times mayor of Spoon River?
(a) Hon. Henry Bennett.
(b) A. D. Blood.
(c) John Horace Burleson.
(d) Sersmith the Dentist.
13. Who was tarred and feathered?
(a) Tom Beatty.
(b) Jonathon Swift Somers.
(c) Carl Hamblin.
(d) Alexander Throckmorton.
14. What was Searcy Foote's murder weapon?
15. How tall was Judge Selah Lively?
(a) Five foot two.
(b) Two foot six.
(c) Six foot two.
(d) Four foot two.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accidentally shot himself in the heart?
2. Who shot the Marshal?
3. What is the name of Amanda Barker's husband?
4. Who ran away from home with the circus?
5. Why did a resident of Spoon River steal blankets?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)