|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Widow McFarlane do for the village?
(a) Clean houses.
(b) Watch children.
(c) Bake pies.
(d) Weave carpets.
2. Why was Dr. Siegrfied Iseman thrown in jail?
(a) Encouraging women not to have children.
(b) Practicing medicine without a license.
(c) Selling Elixir of Youth.
(d) Selling hair tonic.
3. How did Jacob Goodpasture lose his son?
(a) A bar fight.
(b) The war.
(c) Building a railway.
4. Into what did Mickey M'Grew fall?
(a) The water tower.
(b) A well.
(c) Roy Butler's silo.
(d) The mine.
5. Where did Daniel M'Cumber go?
(a) The city.
(b) The ocean.
(c) No one knows.
6. Whom did Doris Williams marry?
(a) No one.
(b) A cheat.
(c) A pastor.
(d) A drunk.
7. Where did Ida Chickens attend lectures?
(b) The University of Illinois.
(d) The Spoon River Public Library.
8. Where does The Unknown search?
(a) The Hill.
9. Where does Serepta Mason place the blame for blowing her petals away?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Spoon River.
(c) The bitter winds of life.
(d) The fact that she never married.
10. Who was cut down in his prime due to overwork and anxiety?
(a) Batterton Dobyns.
(b) Walter Simmons.
(c) Jacob Godbey.
(d) Tom Beatty.
11. Whom is Hod Putt buried next to?
(a) Old Bill Piersol.
(b) Robert Fulton Tanner.
(c) Ollie McGee.
(d) Amanda Barker.
12. What happened when Charlie French was hurt by a toy pistol?
(a) He contracted lock-jaw.
(b) He retaliated by fighting the maker of the toy pistol.
(c) His foot had to be removed.
(d) He could no longer use his hand.
13. Who stole blankets?
(a) Editor Whedon.
(b) Clarence Fawcett.
(c) Eugene Carman.
(d) Mrs. Purkapile.
14. How tall was Judge Selah Lively?
(a) Four foot two.
(b) Six foot two.
(c) Five foot two.
(d) Two foot six.
15. Whose sermons were burned as waste paper?
(a) Lemuel Wiley.
(b) Jonas Keene.
(c) Abner Peet.
(d) Judge Somers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cared for Paul McNeely?
2. Why was Chase Henry denied burial on holy ground?
3. To what animal does Robert Fulton Tanner compare man?
4. Whose boat never left harbor?
5. At what age was Nellie Clark's innocence taken?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)