|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cassius Hueffer's headstone describe him?
(d) A warrior.
2. What did Thomas Rhodes seek?
(a) True love.
(b) Earth's treasures.
(c) Eternal life.
(d) The truth.
3. How did Amanda Barker's husband kill her?
(a) By poisoning her.
(b) By scaring her, causing a heart attack.
(c) By impregnating her.
(d) By stabbing her.
4. Where did Ida Chickens attend lectures?
(a) The University of Illinois.
(c) The Spoon River Public Library.
5. With how many memories did Fiddler Jones die?
(a) A thousand.
(c) A hundred thousand.
(d) A hundred.
6. Whose sermons were burned as waste paper?
(a) Abner Peet.
(b) Jonas Keene.
(c) Lemuel Wiley.
(d) Judge Somers.
7. What did Franklin Jones need one more year to finish?
(a) His plan to escape Spoon River.
(b) His collection of poetry.
(c) His flying machine.
(d) Medical school.
8. What happened when Charlie French was hurt by a toy pistol?
(a) He retaliated by fighting the maker of the toy pistol.
(b) He contracted lock-jaw.
(c) His foot had to be removed.
(d) He could no longer use his hand.
9. What is an epitaph?
(a) A spiritual revelation.
(b) A poem or other writing about a deceased person.
(c) A speech given at a funeral.
(d) A satirical or witty poem or phrase.
10. Who was tarred and feathered?
(a) Tom Beatty.
(b) Jonathon Swift Somers.
(c) Carl Hamblin.
(d) Alexander Throckmorton.
11. How tall was Judge Selah Lively?
(a) Five foot two.
(b) Six foot two.
(c) Two foot six.
(d) Four foot two.
12. What language did Ida Chickens study?
13. Where was Charlie French hurt by a toy pistol?
(a) His elbow.
(b) His hand.
(c) His foot.
(d) His cheek.
14. Under what kind of tree did Conrad Siever work?
15. Whom did Searcy Foote murder?
(a) Cousin Polly.
(b) Grandmother Persephone.
(c) Uncle Percy.
(d) Aunt Persis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Daniel M'Cumber go?
2. How did Harold Arnett die?
3. Who was cut down in his prime due to overwork and anxiety?
4. What party did John Cabanis abandon?
5. At what age was Nellie Clark's innocence taken?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)