|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through William H. Herndon-Alphonso Churchill.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what did Henry C. Calhoun seek to punish?
(a) The jury who convicted him.
(b) Spoon River.
(c) Dippold the Optician.
(d) Judge Somers.
2. Who wrote an article on the intelligence of plants?
(a) Perry Zoll.
(b) Shack Dye.
(c) Abel Melveny.
(d) Dillard Sissman.
3. What did Felix Schmidt lose to Christian Dallman?
(a) His life savings.
(b) His five-acre plot.
(c) His team of horses.
(d) His wife.
4. Where did Lucinda Matlock's husband see the activity of human life?
(a) In schools of fish.
(b) In the life of a spider.
(c) In a beehive.
(d) In an ant farm.
5. Where does Serepta Mason place the blame for blowing her petals away?
(a) The bitter winds of life.
(b) The fact that she never married.
(c) Spoon River.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the several-times mayor of Spoon River?
2. Who zigzagged aimlessly?
3. What did Dippold the Optician see eyeglass lenses as a metaphor for?
4. Whose boat never left harbor?
5. What did Franklin Jones need one more year to finish?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)