|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is described as having a hideous face and hangs from a cord above Cassandra’s bed in the Prologue: “Fire”?
(a) A brass monkey
(b) A silver dragon
(c) A gold donkey
(d) A ruby cat
2. What is Mrs. Wintermute’s first name?
3. What year is noted in the opening of Part One: “Fog”?
4. What does Lizzie Rose find in Parsefall’s blankets when she goes to console him from his nightmare in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 10?
(a) A photograph from the Wintermute household
(b) A gold tiara
(c) The phoenix-stone
(d) A puppet that looks like Clara
5. In the beginning of Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 1, Clara considers that if it is too foggy, Grisini might not come and that her birthday “would be like all the others, with a trip” where “in the morning”?
(a) To the pizza parlor
(b) To Kensal Green
(c) To the London Abbey
(d) To the Royal Court
Short Answer Questions
1. The children that are coming to Clara’s birthday party in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 1 are said to be the children of her parents’ friends who live where?
2. On what day is Cassandra’s birthday?
3. What is the title of Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 17?
4. What kind of gemstone is the phoenix-stone said to be in the Prologue: “Fire”?
5. How many years ago did Grisini take Parsefall from a workhouse, according to the narrator in Part One: “Fog”?
Short Essay Questions
1. What encounter takes place between Parsefall and Dr. Wintermute in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 25?
2. What are Clara’s impressions of the puppet show in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 4?
3. What are Parsefall’s impressions of the Wintermute home when he arrives in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 3?
4. Where do Lizzie Rose and Parsefall go for their “evening out” in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 21? What are their impressions?
5. What causes Dr. Wintermute shame when he talks with his daughter in the end of Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 6?
6. How is Lizzie Rose’s character described when she is introduced in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 2?
7. What leads up to the argument between Parsefall and Lizzie Rose in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 17?
8. What causes the argument between Lizzie Rose and Parsefall in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 10?
9. What part of Clara’s birthday party is she most looking forward to in the beginning of Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 1?
10. What happens when Dr. Wintermute goes to Lizzie Rose’s room at the boarding house in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 26?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)