|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has abandoned Strachan’s Ghyll in Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 50?
(b) All of the servants
(c) Cassandra’s parents
(d) Mrs. Pinchbeck
2. What holiday is it in the beginning of Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 39?
(a) New Year’s Eve
(b) Christmas Day
3. When Clara attempts to communicate a warning to Lizzie Rose and Parsefall in Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 33, she imagines herself in Parsefall’s dreams. In the dream, Clara sees Parsefall as he mourns for whom?
(a) His mother
(b) His brother
(c) His father
(d) His sister
4. In the beginning of Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 45, Parsefall has a dream that he is what?
(a) A warlock
(b) A whale
(c) A dog
(d) A puppet
5. Lizzie Rose overhears the servants complaining about having to serve what, in Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 30?
(b) Street children
(c) Italian children
(d) A stray dog
(a) The Wolf and the Swan
(b) Of Purse Strings and Puppet Strings
(c) The Witch’s Stronghold
(d) An Unexpected Discovery
7. Where does Parsefall suggest he and Lizzie Rose return in Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 41?
(a) To London
(b) To Paris
(c) To Dublin
(d) To Venice
8. The title of Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 43 is “The Maze in the” what?
(b) The Morning After
(c) The Wolf and the Swan
(d) The Gatehouse
9. What does Cassandra tempt Clara with in Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 31?
(a) A fluffy dog
(b) The phoenix-stone
(c) Freedom from her family
(d) The love of Grisini
10. What is the name of the dog that stays with Lizzie Rose in Part Two: “Ice”?
11. When does Lizzie Rose decide she and Parsefall should run away in Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 42?
(a) The next morning
(b) That night
(c) Next month
(d) Next week
12. Who casts a spell on Lizzie Rose and Parsefall in Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 43?
(b) Dr. Wintermute
13. In what direction do Lizzie Rose and Parsefall intend to go when they run away in Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 42?
14. Where is Grisini as he watches Lizzie Rose walk the dog in Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 30?
(a) In the courtyard
(b) In the tree by the frozen lake
(c) In the gatehouse
(d) In the attic
15. Lizzie Rose does not want to return to London because she is afraid of what there in Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 42?
(a) The police
(b) Her mother
(c) Her father
(d) The peasants
Short Answer Questions
1. What word from Part Two: “Ice” refers to any of various alloys in which tin is the chief constituent, originally one of tin and lead?
2. What does Lizzie Rose suggest that she and Parsefall do in the end of Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 43?
3. Cassandra tells Lizzie Rose in Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 49 that Marguerite’s birthday was on what day?
4. What is the title of Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 31?
5. What was the name of Lizzie Rose’s father in the novel?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)