|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Grisini hit Lizzie Rose in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 15?
(a) Her neck
(b) Her arm
(c) Her face
(d) Her leg
2. What word from Part One: “Fog” refers to the defense by an accused person of having been elsewhere at the time an alleged offense was committed?
3. What kind of gemstone is the phoenix-stone said to be in the Prologue: “Fire”?
(a) A fire opal
(b) A sapphire
(c) A diamond
(d) A ruby
4. Who tells Lizzie Rose that the police are at their home in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 8?
(c) Mrs. Pinchbeck
(d) Miss Cameron
5. Who is said to have gone missing in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 8?
(a) Mrs. Wintermute
(c) Dr. Wintermute
6. What is the name of Clara’s governess in the novel?
(b) Miss Cameron
(c) Mrs. Pinchbeck
(d) Mrs. Fettle
7. What do the police do after questioning Parsefall and Lizzie Rose in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 8?
(a) They take Grisini to the jailhouse
(b) They search the apartment
(c) They take the children to a foster home
(d) They ring the bell to Mrs. Pinchbeck’s apartment
8. What ailment does Mrs. Pinchbeck appear to suffer from in the novel?
(a) Cocaine addiction
(d) Opium addiction
9. What is the title of Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 18?
(a) The Legacy
(b) The Rocking Chair
(d) The Egyptian Hall
10. What is the title of Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 17?
(a) The Egyptian Hall
(b) An Unexpected Discovery
(c) The Rocking Chair
(d) Of Purse Strings and Puppet Strings
11. Grisini sends Lizzie Rose out to do what when he returns home in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 15?
(a) Look for Clara
(b) Walk the dog
(c) Buy breakfast
(d) Call on Mrs. Wintermute
12. On what day is Clara’s birthday in the novel?
(a) July 7
(b) September 12
(c) November 6
(d) November 16
13. What color hair is Lizzie Rose described as having in the narrative?
14. Where has Clara’s governess gone to visit her sister on the morning of Clara’s birthday party?
15. What is the name of the housemaid that comes to awaken Clara on her birthday in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 1?
(c) Mrs. Fettle
(d) Mr. Pinchbeck
Short Answer Questions
1. The letter that Lizzie Rose finds while mending clothes for Mrs. Pinchbeck’s stepson in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 24 is addressed to whom?
2. What does Lizzie Rose find in Parsefall’s blankets when she goes to console him from his nightmare in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 10?
3. Who does Dr. Wintermute witness trying to force himself on Lizzie Rose in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 26?
4. What does Lizzie Rose pack her belongings in, in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 27?
5. What is the title of Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 25?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)