|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: “Ice,” Chapters 47-51 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cassandra describe Marguerite receiving for her birthday in Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 49?
(a) A box of books that belonged to her father
(b) A suitcase and riding gloves
(c) A teddy bear
(d) A box of her mother’s old jewelry
2. What playwright’s works does Lizzie Rose choose as items she would like from the house in Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 34?
(a) William Shakespeare’s
(b) Harper Lee’s
(c) Edward Albee’s
(d) Thomas Payne’s
3. What ailment does Mrs. Pinchbeck appear to suffer from in the novel?
(b) Opium addiction
(c) Cocaine addiction
4. What is the name of Clara’s governess in the novel?
(a) Miss Cameron
(b) Mrs. Fettle
(d) Mrs. Pinchbeck
5. Dr. Wintermute decides to go to the address from the letter in Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 48 in the hopes that he can find whom?
(a) Mrs. Fettle
(b) Miss Cameron
(d) Mrs. Wintermute
Short Answer Questions
1. Who puts on a puppet show for Cassandra in Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 51?
2. What is the name of the butler at the Wintermute home in the novel?
3. What is the photograph of that Lizzie Rose finds in a book in Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 34?
4. What is the title of Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 15?
5. Dr. and Mrs. Wintermute argue because Dr. Wintermute refuses to go where with his wife in Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 40?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)