|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: “Ice,” Chapters 47-51 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the police do after questioning Parsefall and Lizzie Rose in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 8?
(a) They ring the bell to Mrs. Pinchbeck’s apartment
(b) They search the apartment
(c) They take Grisini to the jailhouse
(d) They take the children to a foster home
2. How does Parsefall feel during Cassandra’s funeral in the Epilogue?
3. What playwright’s works does Lizzie Rose choose as items she would like from the house in Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 34?
(a) Thomas Payne’s
(b) William Shakespeare’s
(c) Edward Albee’s
(d) Harper Lee’s
4. How did Marguerite’s mother die?
(a) She drowned in the River Thames
(b) She was in an automobile accident
(c) She was killed in a house fire
(d) She was shot at the theater
5. What does Parsefall do when he has trouble falling asleep in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 22?
(a) He holds the Clara puppet
(b) He calls his mother
(c) He goes to Grisini’s room
(d) He goes to Lizzie Rose’s room
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 31?
2. The letter that Lizzie Rose finds while mending clothes for Mrs. Pinchbeck’s stepson in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 24 was sent by whom?
3. How did Grisini arrive at Cassandra’s estate, according to the narrator in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 19?
4. What is the title of Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 34?
5. When Clara attempts to communicate a warning to Lizzie Rose and Parsefall in Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 33, she imagines herself in Parsefall’s dreams. In the dream, Clara sees Parsefall in what setting?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)