|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: “Ice,” Chapters 39-46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cassandra summon Grisini in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 13?
(a) She hopes that he has the potion that will rid her of the curse of the phoenix-stone
(b) She intends to murder him
(c) She believes he can tell her how to rid herself of the curse of the phoenix-stone
(d) She wants to tell him that his father is actually still alive and living in Italy
2. When does Lizzie Rose decide she and Parsefall should run away in Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 42?
(a) Next month
(b) Next week
(c) That night
(d) The next morning
3. Cassandra says she met Marguerite at a boarding school located where in Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 37?
4. What is the name of the estate belonging to Cassandra where Grisini wakes up in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 19?
(a) Chester Square
(b) Kensal Green
(c) The White Lodge
(d) Strachan’s Ghyll
5. What gemstone is on the necklace that Parsefall takes in order to give it to Lizzie Rose in Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 35?
(a) An emerald
(b) A ruby
(c) A sapphire
(d) A garnet
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Grisini arrive at Cassandra’s estate, according to the narrator in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 19?
2. What does Lizzie Rose suggest that she and Parsefall do in the end of Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 43?
3. What does Clara encase the phoenix-stone in so that it will not burn her in Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 46?
4. What is the title of Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 44?
5. The letter that Lizzie Rose finds while mending clothes for Mrs. Pinchbeck’s stepson in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 24 was sent by whom?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)