|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: “Ice,” Chapters 39-46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What puppetry show do Lizzie Rose and Parsefall go to see in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 21?
(a) The French Marionette Troop
(b) The Royal Marionettes
(c) Punch and Judy
(d) The Magnificent Fibronacci
2. What is the title of Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 16?
(a) A Member of the Audience
(b) The Rocking Chair
(d) The Morning After
3. How many years ago had Grisini warned Cassandra of the phoenix-stone’s powers, according to the narrator in the Prologue: “Fire”?
(a) 31 years ago
(b) 12 years ago
(c) 37 years ago
(d) 22 years ago
4. Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 12 begins how long after Clara’s disappearance?
(a) Half a year
(b) Just over a week
(c) Just under a year
(d) Just over a month
5. What playwright’s works does Lizzie Rose choose as items she would like from the house in Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 34?
(a) Harper Lee’s
(b) Edward Albee’s
(c) Thomas Payne’s
(d) William Shakespeare’s
Short Answer Questions
1. The title of Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 43 is “The Maze in the” what?
2. What does Lizzie Rose call out to Clara to do on the ice in the end of Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 46?
3. Where had Cassandra and Grisini been when Grisini warned Cassandra of the powers of the phoenix-stone, according to the narrator in the Prologue: “Fire”?
4. When Clara attempts to communicate a warning to Lizzie Rose and Parsefall in Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 33, she imagines herself in Parsefall’s dreams. In the dream, Clara sees Parsefall as he mourns for whom?
5. What word from Part One: “Fog” refers to a cotton fabric made in various degrees of fineness and often printed, woven, or embroidered in patterns?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)