|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: “Ice,” Chapters 29-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day is Cassandra’s birthday?
(a) October 9
(b) September 15
(c) December 12
(d) November 6
2. How much money has Dr. Wintermute been told to bring as ransom for his daughter in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 12?
(a) 5,000 pounds
(b) 10,000 pounds
(c) 2,000 pounds
(d) 1,000 pounds
3. What season is noted in the opening of Part One: “Fog”?
4. What does Parsefall do when he has trouble falling asleep in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 22?
(a) He goes to Grisini’s room
(b) He calls his mother
(c) He holds the Clara puppet
(d) He goes to Lizzie Rose’s room
5. How much time passes before Lizzie Rose and Parsefall meet Cassandra, according to the narrator in Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 32?
(a) Several days
(b) One month
(c) Two weeks
(d) A half of a year
Short Answer Questions
1. What ailment did Clara’s siblings die from?
2. What gemstone is on the necklace that Parsefall takes in order to give it to Lizzie Rose in Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 35?
3. What word from Part One: “Fog” refers to a cotton fabric made in various degrees of fineness and often printed, woven, or embroidered in patterns?
4. What traditional, popular English puppet show does the housemaid suggest should be enough for Clara in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 1?
5. How many years ago did Grisini take Parsefall from a workhouse, according to the narrator in Part One: “Fog”?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)