|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: “Ice,” Chapters 29-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the police do after questioning Parsefall and Lizzie Rose in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 8?
(a) They ring the bell to Mrs. Pinchbeck’s apartment
(b) They take the children to a foster home
(c) They search the apartment
(d) They take Grisini to the jailhouse
2. Cassandra says she met Marguerite at a boarding school located where in Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 37?
3. What word from Part One: “Fog” refers to meat cartilage?
4. What is the title of Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 21?
(a) The Egyptian Hall
(b) Of Purse Strings and Puppet Strings
(c) The Morning After
5. Of Cassandra, the narrator says in the Prologue: “Fire,” “Now that she had reached the end of her life, she was a child again and feared” what?
(a) Loud noises
(b) Her father
(c) Being alone
(d) The dark
Short Answer Questions
1. Grisini tells Cassandra in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 19 that in order for her to escape the curse of the phoenix-stone, it must be stolen by whom?
2. What puppetry show do Lizzie Rose and Parsefall go to see in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 21?
3. Grisini sends Lizzie Rose out to do what when he returns home in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 15?
4. What is the title of Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 24?
5. How many years ago had Grisini warned Cassandra of the phoenix-stone’s powers, according to the narrator in the Prologue: “Fire”?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)