|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: “Ice,” Chapters 29-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lizzie Rose shows Parsefall some of the items that she found in Grisini’s room as she was cleaning it in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 20. What do the items consist of?
(a) International coins
(b) Arrest warrants
(c) Birth certificates
2. What do the police do after questioning Parsefall and Lizzie Rose in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 8?
(a) They take Grisini to the jailhouse
(b) They search the apartment
(c) They ring the bell to Mrs. Pinchbeck’s apartment
(d) They take the children to a foster home
3. How did Grisini arrive at Cassandra’s estate, according to the narrator in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 19?
(a) By car
(b) By bus
(c) By airplane
(d) By train
4. What is Mrs. Wintermute’s first name?
5. What is the title of Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 18?
(a) The Egyptian Hall
(b) The Legacy
(c) The Rocking Chair
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of gemstone is the phoenix-stone said to be in the Prologue: “Fire”?
2. At what time are the guests to arrive for Clara’s birthday party in the beginning of the novel?
3. What does Dr. Wintermute see in Lizzie Rose’s room that leads him to threaten going to the police in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 26?
4. Where does Cassandra watch Lizzie Rose and Parsefall’s arrival from in Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 29?
5. What is the name of the landlady’s spaniel that Lizzie Rose frequently feeds in Part One: “Fog”?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)