|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: “Fog,” Chapters 18-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dr. Wintermute witness trying to force himself on Lizzie Rose in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 26?
(b) Mr. Pinchbeck
(d) Constable Hawkins
2. What is the title of Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 22?
(a) The Egyptian Hall
(b) The Morning After
(c) The Rocking Chair
(d) An Unexpected Discovery
3. What does Lizzie Rose tell the police officer when she sees him in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 11?
(a) About Grisini’s work for the foreign legion
(b) About the other incidents when Grisini was questioned about missing children
(c) About how Grisini abuses her and Parsefall
(d) About her parents murder and the questioning of Grisini following the incident
4. What is the name of the landlady to Grisini and his wards in London?
(a) Mrs. Fettle
(b) Miss Cameron
(c) Mrs. Wintermute
(d) Mrs. Pinchbeck
5. How many years ago had Grisini warned Cassandra of the phoenix-stone’s powers, according to the narrator in the Prologue: “Fire”?
(a) 31 years ago
(b) 12 years ago
(c) 37 years ago
(d) 22 years ago
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the landlady’s spaniel that Lizzie Rose frequently feeds in Part One: “Fog”?
2. The letter that Lizzie Rose finds while mending clothes for Mrs. Pinchbeck’s stepson in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 24 was sent by whom?
3. Lizzie Rose shows Parsefall some of the items that she found in Grisini’s room as she was cleaning it in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 20. What do the items consist of?
4. In Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 18, who becomes convinced that the marionette is actually Clara?
5. What month is it said to be when Clara awakens on her birthday in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 1?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)