|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: “Fog,” Chapters 18-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 17?
(a) Of Purse Strings and Puppet Strings
(b) The Egyptian Hall
(c) An Unexpected Discovery
(d) The Rocking Chair
2. What does Lizzie Rose pack her belongings in, in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 27?
(a) A wicker basket
(b) A silk shawl
(c) A picnic blanket
(d) The puppet carriage
3. What year is noted in the opening of Part One: “Fog”?
4. What gemstone is on the locket that Clara’s parents give her for her birthday present in the beginning of the novel?
(a) A ruby
(b) An emerald
(c) An opal
(d) A sapphire
5. Where had Cassandra and Grisini been when Grisini warned Cassandra of the powers of the phoenix-stone, according to the narrator in the Prologue: “Fire”?
(a) Oslo, Norway
(b) London, England
(c) Venice, Italy
(d) Paris, France
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Wintermute’s first name?
2. What is the title of Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 28?
3. Who does Dr. Wintermute witness trying to force himself on Lizzie Rose in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 26?
4. What is the title of Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 18?
5. What does Lizzie Rose tell the police officer when she sees him in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 11?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)