|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: “Fog,” Chapters 18-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gemstone is on the locket that Clara’s parents give her for her birthday present in the beginning of the novel?
(a) An emerald
(b) A ruby
(c) A sapphire
(d) An opal
2. Where has Clara’s governess gone to visit her sister on the morning of Clara’s birthday party?
3. What is the title of Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 27?
(b) The Streets
(c) A Member of the Audience
(d) The Legacy
4. What ailment does Mrs. Pinchbeck appear to suffer from in the novel?
(b) Opium addiction
(d) Cocaine addiction
5. After the police leave in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 9, Lizzie Rose sends Parsefall out to buy what?
(a) Oats for the horse
(b) Dog food
Short Answer Questions
1. Parsefall is so impressed by the puppetry show in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 21 that after the show he goes backstage for what reason?
2. What is the name of the estate belonging to Cassandra where Grisini wakes up in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 19?
3. What season is noted in the opening of Part One: “Fog”?
4. What is the title of Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 20?
5. What color hair is Lizzie Rose described as having in the narrative?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)