|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: “Fog,” Chapters 18-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Pinchbeck tells Lizzie Rose in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 9 that who was suspected once before when a child went missing?
(b) Mr. Pinchbeck
(c) Dr. Wintermute
2. How many children have been invited to Clara’s birthday party in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 1?
3. At what time are the guests to arrive for Clara’s birthday party in the beginning of the novel?
(a) 4:30 p.m.
(b) 3:00 p.m.
(c) 1:00 p.m.
(d) 5:00 p.m.
4. Of Cassandra, the narrator says in the Prologue: “Fire,” “Now that she had reached the end of her life, she was a child again and feared” what?
(a) Being alone
(b) The dark
(c) Loud noises
(d) Her father
5. Where does Grisini hit Lizzie Rose in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 15?
(a) Her leg
(b) Her face
(c) Her neck
(d) Her arm
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes upset and causes a scene when he sees the Clara puppet in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 25?
2. Where had Cassandra and Grisini been when Grisini warned Cassandra of the powers of the phoenix-stone, according to the narrator in the Prologue: “Fire”?
3. What is the title of Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 27?
4. Grisini sends Lizzie Rose out to do what when he returns home in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 15?
5. What do the police do after questioning Parsefall and Lizzie Rose in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 8?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)