|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: “Fog,” Chapters 18-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lizzie Rose find in Parsefall’s blankets when she goes to console him from his nightmare in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 10?
(a) A puppet that looks like Clara
(b) The phoenix-stone
(c) A photograph from the Wintermute household
(d) A gold tiara
2. Parsefall is so impressed by the puppetry show in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 21 that after the show he goes backstage for what reason?
(a) To see about getting a job with them
(b) To ask for an autograph from the puppet master
(c) To see about selling his marionettes to the company
(d) To see about purchasing the company
3. What item from Grisini’s room has Lizzie Rose already pawned for money in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 20?
(a) A necklace
(b) A coin
(c) A ring
(d) A watch
4. How many pence make up a shilling?
5. What ailment did Clara’s siblings die from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 18?
2. Lizzie Rose is surprised to discover that the puppet she takes to give to Parsefall in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 17 looks just like whom?
3. What gemstone is on the locket that Clara’s parents give her for her birthday present in the beginning of the novel?
4. How many years ago did Grisini take Parsefall from a workhouse, according to the narrator in Part One: “Fog”?
5. Each of the women that Cassandra sees in the mirror in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 7 die in what way?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)