|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: “Fog,” Chapters 7-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Each of the women that Cassandra sees in the mirror in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 7 die in what way?
(a) They are hanged
(b) They each drown
(c) They are each shot
(d) They burn to death
2. What ailment does Mrs. Pinchbeck appear to suffer from in the novel?
(b) Opium addiction
(c) Cocaine addiction
3. After the police leave in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 9, Lizzie Rose sends Parsefall out to buy what?
(a) Oats for the horse
(b) Dog food
4. What gemstone is on the locket that Clara’s parents give her for her birthday present in the beginning of the novel?
(a) A sapphire
(b) An emerald
(c) An opal
(d) A ruby
5. What does Lizzie Rose tell the police officer when she sees him in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 11?
(a) About her parents murder and the questioning of Grisini following the incident
(b) About Grisini’s work for the foreign legion
(c) About the other incidents when Grisini was questioned about missing children
(d) About how Grisini abuses her and Parsefall
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is noted in the opening of Part One: “Fog”?
2. In the beginning of Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 1, Clara considers that if it is too foggy, Grisini might not come and that her birthday “would be like all the others, with a trip” where “in the morning”?
3. What kind of gemstone is the phoenix-stone said to be in the Prologue: “Fire”?
4. How many children have been invited to Clara’s birthday party in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 1?
5. On what day is Cassandra’s birthday?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)