|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: “Fog,” Chapters 7-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 16?
(a) The Morning After
(c) A Member of the Audience
(d) The Rocking Chair
2. What ailment does Mrs. Pinchbeck appear to suffer from in the novel?
(b) Cocaine addiction
(c) Opium addiction
3. How much money has Dr. Wintermute been told to bring as ransom for his daughter in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 12?
(a) 2,000 pounds
(b) 5,000 pounds
(c) 10,000 pounds
(d) 1,000 pounds
4. Where does Grisini hit Lizzie Rose in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 15?
(a) Her leg
(b) Her arm
(c) Her neck
(d) Her face
5. What is the name of the landlady’s spaniel that Lizzie Rose frequently feeds in Part One: “Fog”?
Short Answer Questions
1. What month is it said to be when Clara awakens on her birthday in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 1?
2. What is the name of Clara’s governess in the novel?
3. How many pence make up a shilling?
4. Lizzie Rose is surprised to discover that the puppet she takes to give to Parsefall in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 17 looks just like whom?
5. Where had Clara first encountered Grisini’s puppet-stage, according to the narrator in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 1?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)