|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: “Fog,” Chapters 7-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Grisini’s full name said to be in the Prologue: “Fire”?
2. What ailment does Mrs. Pinchbeck appear to suffer from in the novel?
(a) Cocaine addiction
(c) Opium addiction
3. What word from Part One: “Fog” refers to the defense by an accused person of having been elsewhere at the time an alleged offense was committed?
4. How many years ago did Grisini take Parsefall from a workhouse, according to the narrator in Part One: “Fog”?
(a) 7 years ago
(b) 5 years ago
(c) 2 years ago
(d) 3 years ago
5. The children that are coming to Clara’s birthday party in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 1 are said to be the children of her parents’ friends who live where?
(a) Chester Square
(b) Greenwich Village
(c) The Upper East Side
(d) The West End
Short Answer Questions
1. Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 12 begins how long after Clara’s disappearance?
2. What is Parsefall doing when Grisini returns home in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 15?
3. Lizzie Rose realizes after talking with Parsefall in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 10 that how many incidents have now occurred in which children went missing and their ward was questioned?
4. What is the name of the landlady’s spaniel that Lizzie Rose frequently feeds in Part One: “Fog”?
5. What ailment did Clara’s siblings die from?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)