|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: “Fog,” Chapters 7-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Clara’s governess in the novel?
(a) Mrs. Pinchbeck
(b) Mrs. Fettle
(d) Miss Cameron
2. How much money has Dr. Wintermute been told to bring as ransom for his daughter in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 12?
(a) 5,000 pounds
(b) 2,000 pounds
(c) 10,000 pounds
(d) 1,000 pounds
3. After the police leave in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 9, Lizzie Rose sends Parsefall out to buy what?
(a) Dog food
(d) Oats for the horse
4. Of Cassandra, the narrator says in the Prologue: “Fire,” “Now that she had reached the end of her life, she was a child again and feared” what?
(a) Loud noises
(b) The dark
(c) Her father
(d) Being alone
5. What is Parsefall doing when Grisini returns home in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 15?
(a) Eating breakfast
(b) Talking on the telephone to his mother
(c) Rehearsing with a puppet
(d) Writing a letter to his father
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years ago did Grisini take Parsefall from a workhouse, according to the narrator in Part One: “Fog”?
2. In the beginning of Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 1, Clara considers that if it is too foggy, Grisini might not come and that her birthday “would be like all the others, with a trip” where “in the morning”?
3. What season is noted in the opening of Part One: “Fog”?
4. What is Mrs. Wintermute’s first name?
5. For how many years does the narrator say that Cassandra has cherished the phoenix-stone in the Prologue: “Fire”?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)