|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: “Fog,” Chapters 7-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many years does the narrator say that Cassandra has cherished the phoenix-stone in the Prologue: “Fire”?
2. Who is said to have gone missing in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 8?
(a) Dr. Wintermute
(b) Mrs. Wintermute
3. What is Grisini’s full name said to be in the Prologue: “Fire”?
4. At what time are the guests to arrive for Clara’s birthday party in the beginning of the novel?
(a) 4:30 p.m.
(b) 1:00 p.m.
(c) 3:00 p.m.
(d) 5:00 p.m.
5. What does Cassandra hit with the mirror instead of the phoenix-stone in the end of the Prologue: “Fire”?
(a) The bed
(b) Her bracelet
(c) Her hand
(d) Her foot
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pence make up a shilling?
2. What does Lizzie Rose tell the police officer when she sees him in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 11?
3. What traditional, popular English puppet show does the housemaid suggest should be enough for Clara in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 1?
4. Mrs. Pinchbeck tells Lizzie Rose and Parsefall that they can stay with her under what condition in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 16?
5. What word from Part One: “Fog” refers to the defense by an accused person of having been elsewhere at the time an alleged offense was committed?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)