|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: “Fog,” Chapters 7-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Dr. Wintermute been told to wait until dark with the ransom money in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 12?
(a) His bank vault
(b) The London Historical Museum
(c) His attic
(d) His children’s crypt
2. Mrs. Pinchbeck tells Lizzie Rose and Parsefall that they can stay with her under what condition in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 16?
(a) They steal from the market for her
(b) They help with housekeeping
(c) They pay her 10 pounds rent a month
(d) They call the police about Grisini
3. At what time are the guests to arrive for Clara’s birthday party in the beginning of the novel?
(a) 3:00 p.m.
(b) 5:00 p.m.
(c) 1:00 p.m.
(d) 4:30 p.m.
4. What does Lizzie Rose tell the police officer when she sees him in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 11?
(a) About Grisini’s work for the foreign legion
(b) About how Grisini abuses her and Parsefall
(c) About her parents murder and the questioning of Grisini following the incident
(d) About the other incidents when Grisini was questioned about missing children
5. What is the title of Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 17?
(a) An Unexpected Discovery
(b) The Egyptian Hall
(c) The Rocking Chair
(d) Of Purse Strings and Puppet Strings
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Pinchbeck tells Lizzie Rose in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 9 that who was suspected once before when a child went missing?
2. Where does Grisini hit Lizzie Rose in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 15?
3. What word from Part One: “Fog” refers to the defense by an accused person of having been elsewhere at the time an alleged offense was committed?
4. How many pence make up a shilling?
5. What does Lizzie Rose find in Parsefall’s blankets when she goes to console him from his nightmare in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 10?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)