|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: “Fog,” Chapters 7-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ailment does Mrs. Pinchbeck appear to suffer from in the novel?
(a) Cocaine addiction
(b) Opium addiction
2. What color hair is Lizzie Rose described as having in the narrative?
3. How many years ago did Grisini take Parsefall from a workhouse, according to the narrator in Part One: “Fog”?
(a) 2 years ago
(b) 5 years ago
(c) 7 years ago
(d) 3 years ago
4. After the police leave in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 9, Lizzie Rose sends Parsefall out to buy what?
(a) Dog food
(d) Oats for the horse
5. The children that are coming to Clara’s birthday party in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 1 are said to be the children of her parents’ friends who live where?
(a) The West End
(b) Chester Square
(c) Greenwich Village
(d) The Upper East Side
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cassandra hit with the mirror instead of the phoenix-stone in the end of the Prologue: “Fire”?
2. Where has Clara’s governess gone to visit her sister on the morning of Clara’s birthday party?
3. Where had Cassandra and Grisini been when Grisini warned Cassandra of the powers of the phoenix-stone, according to the narrator in the Prologue: “Fire”?
4. What is the name of Clara’s governess in the novel?
5. What gemstone is on the locket that Clara’s parents give her for her birthday present in the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)