|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: “Ice,” Chapters 39-46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes upset and causes a scene when he sees the Clara puppet in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 25?
(b) Dr. Wintermute
(c) Mrs. Wintermute
(d) Lizzie Rose
2. In Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 27, Lizzie Rose waits for Parsefall in order to warn him not to do what?
(a) Go to the Wintermute estate
(b) Go back to the boarding house
(c) Go to talk to the police
(d) Go to look for Grisini
3. Lizzie Rose does not want to return to London because she is afraid of what there in Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 42?
(a) The police
(b) Her father
(c) The peasants
(d) Her mother
4. What does Lizzie Rose find in Parsefall’s blankets when she goes to console him from his nightmare in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 10?
(a) A photograph from the Wintermute household
(b) The phoenix-stone
(c) A puppet that looks like Clara
(d) A gold tiara
5. What does Lizzie Rose agree to do with Parsefall in order to appease him in Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 41?
(a) Call his mother
(b) Get married when they are older
(c) Rehears the puppet show
(d) Return to London
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Parsefall give to Lizzie Rose in Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 41?
2. What does Lizzie Rose suggest that she and Parsefall do in the end of Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 43?
3. The letter that Lizzie Rose finds while mending clothes for Mrs. Pinchbeck’s stepson in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 24 is addressed to whom?
4. Lizzie Rose is surprised to discover that the puppet she takes to give to Parsefall in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 17 looks just like whom?
5. Where has Dr. Wintermute been told to wait until dark with the ransom money in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 12?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)