|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: “Ice,” Chapters 39-46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what direction do Lizzie Rose and Parsefall intend to go when they run away in Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 42?
2. Lizzie Rose does not want to return to London because she is afraid of what there in Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 42?
(a) The police
(b) Her mother
(c) Her father
(d) The peasants
3. What is the title of Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 40?
(a) The Miniature
(b) The Wolf and the Swan
(c) Of Purse Strings and Puppet Strings
(d) The Wintermutes’ Christmas
4. How does Clara feel about performing as a puppet in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 23?
(a) She is enraged by it
(b) She is saddened by it
(c) She enjoys it
(d) He detests it
5. Dr. and Mrs. Wintermute argue because Dr. Wintermute refuses to go where with his wife in Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 40?
(a) To Easter Sunday services at church
(b) To the cemetery
(c) To her mother’s house
(d) To the train station
Short Answer Questions
1. After the police leave in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 9, Lizzie Rose sends Parsefall out to buy what?
2. During their argument in Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 40, Dr. Wintermute suggests to his wife that their daughter might still be there if she hadn’t what?
3. Mrs. Pinchbeck tells Lizzie Rose and Parsefall that they can stay with her under what condition in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 16?
4. How did Grisini arrive at Cassandra’s estate, according to the narrator in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 19?
5. What is Mrs. Wintermute’s first name?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)