|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: “Ice,” Chapters 39-46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Dr. Wintermute been told to wait until dark with the ransom money in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 12?
(a) His children’s crypt
(b) The London Historical Museum
(c) His bank vault
(d) His attic
2. What is Parsefall doing when Grisini returns home in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 15?
(a) Writing a letter to his father
(b) Eating breakfast
(c) Rehearsing with a puppet
(d) Talking on the telephone to his mother
3. What word from Part One: “Fog” refers to the defense by an accused person of having been elsewhere at the time an alleged offense was committed?
4. The letter that Lizzie Rose finds while mending clothes for Mrs. Pinchbeck’s stepson in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 24 is addressed to whom?
(a) Mrs. Pinchbeck
(d) Dr. Wintermute
5. Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 12 begins how long after Clara’s disappearance?
(a) Just over a month
(b) Just over a week
(c) Just under a year
(d) Half a year
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 28?
2. Where does Grisini hit Lizzie Rose in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 15?
3. What do the police do after questioning Parsefall and Lizzie Rose in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 8?
4. What does Lizzie Rose suggest that she and Parsefall do in the end of Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 43?
5. Who becomes upset and causes a scene when he sees the Clara puppet in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 25?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)