|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rose know how Dimitri will set up his defenses?
2. Who tells Rose that she will more than likely be put on trial for murder?
3. What does Ambrose predict the new dhampir age law will do to young dhampirs?
4. What does Grant use as a target when he begins to teach Lissa and Christian how to stake a Strigoi?
5. What information does Rose encourage Dimitri to offer to his questioners?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rose find particularly touching about the ceremony to memorialize the dead?
2. Why does Rose go to church? What conversation does she have there? What impact does the conversation have on Rose?
3. Why does Rose try to stop Lissa from staking Dimitri? Who helps Lissa?
4. How does Rose learn that Lissa and her party have been attacked by Dimitri and other Strigoi after Lissa's birthday dinner?
5. Why does Tatiana call for Rose to come to see her?
6. How does Adrian convince Rose to go to a party the night after multiple dhampir guardians were killed defending and rescuing Lissa and Christian?
7. Why do the guardians react to Dimitri with violence despite his change in appearance? Why is Dimitri imprisoned?
8. What does Adrian tell his mother about Rose's alibi the night of Tatiana's murder that causes her some panic and to decide to hire Adrian a lawyer?
9. Why does Lissa invite Rose to use their mental bond to go with her to visit with Dimitri? Is this something Lissa often does?
10. What happens when Rose tries to see Dimitri? What does Lissa tell Rose about Dimitri?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Tatiana murdered? Why is Rose arrested? What is the evidence against Rose? Why does Abe act as Rose's attorney? Who else has hired an attorney for Rose? What is revealed under testimony during the hearing on the charges against Rose? Who slips Rose a piece of paper? What does this paper contain? How does Rose react to the information in this note? What does Rose's immediate future look like? Is there a chance that Rose might survive a trial for murder?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Abe Mazur? Why is Rose surprised to find him at her guardian test? Who is Abe sitting with? Why does this concern Rose? What bothers Rose about Abe's behavior at her graduation party? What bothers Rose more, Abe's behavior with strange women or his behavior with Rose's mother? How long has Rose been acquainted with Abe? Why does Rose call Abe Zmey? Why would Abe make threats against Adrian Ivashkov? How does Adrian respond to these threats?
Essay Topic 3
What is spirit? How does it work? What are some of its side effects? What is Lissa's fear in regards to the use of spirit? What does Lissa sense on the other side of a door marked psychiatric wing in the prison? Why does this cause Lissa so much fear and unhappiness? How has Lissa dealt with the side effects of spirit in the past? What role does Rose play in helping draw away the dark side effects of spirit from Lissa? What impact does this have on Rose's sanity?
This section contains 1,250 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)