|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Dimitri learned about Rose that gives him an excuse to end their relationship?
2. Who is Sydney?
3. What does Rose do after leaving Dimitri in church where he finally convinced her he no longer loves her?
4. Why does Lissa call to Rose over the bond at the end of the chapter?
5. What does Grant use as a target when he begins to teach Lissa and Christian how to stake a Strigoi?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Christian and Lissa find so difficult about learning to wield a stake?
2. What does Tatiana do after Rose is discovered to be a witness to a Moroi ceremony that is supposed to be highly secretive?
3. What does Rose think has caused Dimitri's change of heart in regards to their relationship?
4. How does Rose learn that Lissa and her party have been attacked by Dimitri and other Strigoi after Lissa's birthday dinner?
5. What happens when Rose tries to see Dimitri? What does Lissa tell Rose about Dimitri?
6. Why does Sydney contact Rose through Abe? What is significant about the items Sydney claims were stolen from the Alchemists?
7. How does Adrian convince Rose to go to a party the night after multiple dhampir guardians were killed defending and rescuing Lissa and Christian?
8. What does Rose find particularly touching about the ceremony to memorialize the dead?
9. Why is Dimitri being questions by royal Moroi in the sunlight? What is this supposed to prove?
10. What does Rose encourage Dimitri to do in order to further prove he is no longer Strigoi?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Lissa Dragomir? What is Lissa's relationship with Rose? How have Rose and Lissa become bonded to one another? What is unique about this bond between these two girls? Why does Rose believe she will no longer be allowed to be Lissa's guardian? Would she have been Lissa's guardian if she had not done this thing? Why or why not? Why does Lissa need a guardian? What type of vampire is Lissa? What does it mean that Lissa is part of a royal Moroi family?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Victor Dashkov? Why does Rose want to break him out of prison? How is breaking Victor out of prison with Lissa's help an ironic twist in the plot of this series of novels? What does Rose hope that Victor can do for her? Why can Rose not get this information somewhere else? Who does Rose enlist in her plot to help Victor escape from prison? What danger does this plan exists for Rose and her co-conspirators? How does Lissa use her magic, spirit, to keep the guards from seeing Rose, Lissa, and Eddie's true appearance? How does Lissa use spirit to manipulate the behaviors of some of the guards in the prison?
Essay Topic 3
How does Dimitri react to being a dhampir again? What does Dimitri promise to Lissa as a result of her role in his transformation? Why does Dimitri refuse to see Rose? How does Rose react to this news? Why does Rose continually go to see Dimitri despite his desire to stay away from her? How does Dimitri finally convince Rose that he no longer loves her? How does Rose react to this information? Why does she turn to Adrian? How does Dimitri seem to act in contrary to his insistence that he no longer loves Rose? Why is this? How does Rose protect Dimitri in this instance?
This section contains 1,294 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)