|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Tatiana killed?
2. Who urges Rose to leave Dimitri when he becomes volatile?
3. What does Rose say to Dimitri in the beginning of their visit when he refuses to turn and look at her?
4. Why does Rose not immediately go to Dimitri after he is healed?
5. Who comes into the pastry shop to speak to Rose at the end of this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the guardians react to Dimitri with violence despite his change in appearance? Why is Dimitri imprisoned?
2. Why does Tatiana call for Rose to come to see her?
3. Why does Rose go to church? What conversation does she have there? What impact does the conversation have on Rose?
4. Why is there a near riot at the courthouse?
5. What does Rose encourage Dimitri to do in order to further prove he is no longer Strigoi?
6. How does Adrian convince Rose to go to a party the night after multiple dhampir guardians were killed defending and rescuing Lissa and Christian?
7. Why is Rose placed in a position of leadership during the rescue mission to save Lissa and Christian?
8. What does Adrian tell his mother about Rose's alibi the night of Tatiana's murder that causes her some panic and to decide to hire Adrian a lawyer?
9. Why is Dimitri being questions by royal Moroi in the sunlight? What is this supposed to prove?
10. What does Mikhail tell Rose about the investigation into the queen's murder?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following relationships in an essay using quotes to support your conclusions:
1) Robert and Victor
2) Eddie and Rose
3) Lissa and Christian
Essay Topic 2
What did Victor Dashkov do to Lissa in a past novel in this series? For what reason? What did Victor do to Rose and Dimitri? For what reason? Who else did Victor harm in the past? What did Victor do to his own daughter during this episode? What happened to Victor's daughter? For what reason? What does Rose realize after meeting Robert about Victor's actions all those months ago? Does this change Rose's opinion of Victor? In what way? Does this change the way Lissa feels about Victor? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Who is Adrian Ivashkov? What is his role in Rose's life? Why is Adrian not happy when he learns that Rose was the one who helped Victor escape prison? What does Adrian think of Rose's desire to learn how to heal Dimitri? Why does Adrian refuse to help in any way with this plan? Why does Adrian tend to drink a lot? What is Adrian's reputation in Moroi society? Is this reputation well deserved? Explain. How does Rose feel about Adrian's vices? How does Rose feel about Adrian? Does Rose's feelings for Adrian compare to her feelings for Dimitri?
This section contains 1,148 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)