|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Adrian tell Rose he has arranged to have dinner with them that night?
2. How do spirit users often recognize one another?
3. Why does Daniella tell Rose that Rose's relationship with Adrian does not concern her?
4. What does Rose decide she and her friends need to help them pull of her plan to get Victor out of jail?
5. Why is Rose reluctant to hurt guardians?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Rose and her companions take a private plane to Las Vegas?
2. Why does Rose go to Mia with a request to access guardian records? What does Rose want from the guardian records?
3. How does Lissa react to Christian's presence at the graduation party? For what reason?
4. What do Mikhail Tanner and Rose have in common that Rose is able to use to convince Mikhail not to turn her in when he catches her stealing from the guardian archives?
5. What punishment do Rose and Eddie face upon their return to Court? For what reason?
6. How did Adrian find Rose and her companions in Las Vegas? How does he react to the truth behind their escapade?
7. What does Rose think of Adrian's father and mother when she meets them over dinner at the Ivashkov home?
8. How do Rose and her friends end up in a dead end corridor in front of an alarmed door?
9. How does Lissa use spirit to help Rose get past the guard at the guardian building so that she could search the archives?
10. How does Rose react to Dimitri during their fight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Victor Dashkov do to Lissa in a past novel in this series? For what reason? What did Victor do to Rose and Dimitri? For what reason? Who else did Victor harm in the past? What did Victor do to his own daughter during this episode? What happened to Victor's daughter? For what reason? What does Rose realize after meeting Robert about Victor's actions all those months ago? Does this change Rose's opinion of Victor? In what way? Does this change the way Lissa feels about Victor? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
How does Dimitri react to being a dhampir again? What does Dimitri promise to Lissa as a result of her role in his transformation? Why does Dimitri refuse to see Rose? How does Rose react to this news? Why does Rose continually go to see Dimitri despite his desire to stay away from her? How does Dimitri finally convince Rose that he no longer loves her? How does Rose react to this information? Why does she turn to Adrian? How does Dimitri seem to act in contrary to his insistence that he no longer loves Rose? Why is this? How does Rose protect Dimitri in this instance?
Essay Topic 3
What is spirit? How does it work? What are some of its side effects? What is Lissa's fear in regards to the use of spirit? What does Lissa sense on the other side of a door marked psychiatric wing in the prison? Why does this cause Lissa so much fear and unhappiness? How has Lissa dealt with the side effects of spirit in the past? What role does Rose play in helping draw away the dark side effects of spirit from Lissa? What impact does this have on Rose's sanity?
This section contains 1,332 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)