|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dimitri tell Lissa he has taken she and Christian hostage?
(a) To use as bait for Rose.
(b) To use as food.
(c) To turn into Strigoi.
(d) To learn more about spirit use.
2. Who comes into the pastry shop to speak to Rose at the end of this chapter?
(a) Human police.
(d) Royal guardians.
3. Who tells Rose that she will more than likely be put on trial for murder?
4. For what reason is Lissa not able to take her family's place on the royal council and vote?
(a) She has to be voted on to the council.
(b) She is too young.
(c) Her family's spot was given to another family upon her father's death.
(d) There has to be at least two members of any royal family to give them a vote.
5. For what is Rose arrested at the end of this chapter?
(a) The murder of the queen, Tatiana.
(c) The theft of Alchemist archive files.
(d) The prison escape of Victor Dashkov.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sydney practically accuse Rose of stealing?
2. What does Adrian say he will do if Rose is made Lissa's guardian?
3. Why does Rose not immediately go to Dimitri after he is healed?
4. Who sneaks Rose in to see Dimitri?
5. Why does Rose become annoyed when she learns the queen is on lock down?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rose become angry about the new law? What does Rose say to the court?
2. How does Adrian convince Rose to go to a party the night after multiple dhampir guardians were killed defending and rescuing Lissa and Christian?
3. Why is Dimitri being questions by royal Moroi in the sunlight? What is this supposed to prove?
4. Why does the rescue team intent on rescuing Lissa and Christian include Moroi?
5. Why does Sydney contact Rose through Abe? What is significant about the items Sydney claims were stolen from the Alchemists?
6. What does Rose encourage Dimitri to do in order to further prove he is no longer Strigoi?
7. What does Dimitri do when the royal guardians come to arrest Rose? Why does Rose make him stop?
8. What does Rose find particularly touching about the ceremony to memorialize the dead?
9. Why does Tatiana call for Rose to come to see her?
10. How does Dimitri respond to Lissa when she goes to visit him? How does Rose feel about this?
This section contains 1,133 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)