|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to see Rose in her room at the end of the chapter?
2. How did Adrian learn about the attack on Lissa's party?
(a) An announcement was made throughout the Court.
(b) Through Rose.
(c) He received a phone call.
(d) His aunt told him.
3. What does Lissa ask Christian to do outside of Dimitri's hearing?
(a) Burn off her ropes.
(b) Escape and get help.
(c) Kill Dimitri.
(d) Tell Rose to stay away.
4. Why does Dimitri tell Lissa he has taken she and Christian hostage?
(a) To use as food.
(b) To turn into Strigoi.
(c) To learn more about spirit use.
(d) To use as bait for Rose.
5. What is the nature Rose sees Dimitri having with other Strigoi in the warehouse where he is keeping Lissa and Christian?
(a) They think he is overstepping his boundaries.
(b) They think he is being over cautious.
(c) They think he should just kill Lissa and Christian.
(d) They think he is acting too risky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does it take so long for Lissa to get the stake into Dimitri's heart?
2. What does Sydney practically accuse Rose of stealing?
3. For what reason does Adrian ask Rose not to see Dimitri?
4. What does Rose do after leaving Dimitri in church where he finally convinced her he no longer loves her?
5. What appears to be the worst of Dimitri's guilt when it comes to his time as a Strigoi and his relationship with Rose?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lissa invite Rose to use their mental bond to go with her to visit with Dimitri? Is this something Lissa often does?
2. How does Dimitri respond to Lissa when she goes to visit him? How does Rose feel about this?
3. What do Christian and Lissa find so difficult about learning to wield a stake?
4. Why does Rose go to church? What conversation does she have there? What impact does the conversation have on Rose?
5. What does Dimitri do when the royal guardians come to arrest Rose? Why does Rose make him stop?
6. What does Rose encourage Dimitri to do in order to further prove he is no longer Strigoi?
7. Why does the rescue team intent on rescuing Lissa and Christian include Moroi?
8. Why does Rose turn to Adrian after Dimitri's final rejection of her? What mark does Adrian leave on Rose?
9. Where does Ambrose take Rose when she runs into him outside the courthouse? Why?
10. What does Rose think has caused Dimitri's change of heart in regards to their relationship?
This section contains 1,290 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)