|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Adrian insist Daniella hire as Rose's attorney?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her grandfather.
2. For what reason does Adrian ask Rose not to see Dimitri?
(a) He is afraid she will get her heart broken.
(b) He is afraid she will fall in love with him again.
(c) He is afraid Dimitri might retain some of his Strigoi characteristics.
(d) He is afraid she will get roped into helping him escape his jail cell.
3. What does Adrian confess he felt while Rose was gone with the rescue team the night of the Strigoi attack?
(a) Fear for her safety.
(b) Relief that she was finally going to kill Dimitri.
(c) Fear for Lissa and Christian.
(d) Fear for his own safety.
4. Who does the general population at Court initially believe killed Tatiana?
(c) Victor Dashkov.
5. For what is Rose arrested at the end of this chapter?
(a) The theft of Alchemist archive files.
(c) The murder of the queen, Tatiana.
(d) The prison escape of Victor Dashkov.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a little boy in the crowd ask Dimitri about his appearance?
2. What conversation causes Rose to stop ignoring Dimitri and enter into a dialogue with him?
3. What does Dimitri blame Rose for as they begin to fight?
4. What type of equipment does Rose receive in order to have a conversation with Sydney?
5. Why does it take so long for Lissa to get the stake into Dimitri's heart?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dimitri do when the royal guardians come to arrest Rose? Why does Rose make him stop?
2. Why does Lissa invite Rose to use their mental bond to go with her to visit with Dimitri? Is this something Lissa often does?
3. What does Adrian tell his mother about Rose's alibi the night of Tatiana's murder that causes her some panic and to decide to hire Adrian a lawyer?
4. Why does Sydney contact Rose through Abe? What is significant about the items Sydney claims were stolen from the Alchemists?
5. What happens when Rose tries to see Dimitri? What does Lissa tell Rose about Dimitri?
6. What does Tatiana do after Rose is discovered to be a witness to a Moroi ceremony that is supposed to be highly secretive?
7. How does Ambrose react when Rose tells him about the new dhampir age law? Why?
8. Why does Rose try to stop Lissa from staking Dimitri? Who helps Lissa?
9. Why is Dimitri being questions by royal Moroi in the sunlight? What is this supposed to prove?
10. Why is Rose placed in a position of leadership during the rescue mission to save Lissa and Christian?
This section contains 1,209 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)