|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Serena offer to do with Christian and Lissa?
(a) Help them learn self defense.
(b) Help them get into Lehigh University.
(c) Help them find some time alone.
(d) Help them sneak out of their hotel.
2. What is Lissa's biggest fear in dealing with Victor?
(a) That he might try to kill them all.
(b) That he might call the Moroi guardians on them.
(c) That he might trick them into a bad situation.
(d) That he might escape.
3. What item is Lissa charming at the beginning of the chapter that Rose finds amusing?
(a) A silver spoon.
(b) A man's cuff link.
(c) A stake.
(d) A bracelet.
4. Where are Rose and Lissa taken in the prison soon after their arrival?
(a) To the security room.
(b) The infirmary.
(c) To jail cells.
(d) The feeder room.
5. Who does Rose run into as she is preparing to leave St. Vladimir's Academy for the last time?
(a) Jill and her mother, Emily.
(b) Christian and his aunt, Tasha.
(c) Lissa and her friend, Mia.
(d) Eddie and his friend, Mason.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dimitri claim is a waste of everyone's time in his letter to Rose?
2. What does Rose find most overwhelming about her graduation?
3. What does Lissa fear about going out into the real world after graduation?
4. To where does Christian invite himself when he goes to visit Lissa and talk about teaching her to stake Strigoi?
5. Why does Adrian suggest Christian wants to help Lissa learn how to stake a Strigoi?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Lissa a great amount of emotional distress as she and Rose lead Victor out of the prison?
2. Why does Rose go to Mia with a request to access guardian records? What does Rose want from the guardian records?
3. Why does Rose allow Victor to feed from the human feeder before they begin their retreat from the prison?
4. Why does Rose decide that she and her companions should plan on returning home in the aftermath of the attack by Dimitri and the other Strigoi?
5. What does Rose think of Adrian's father and mother when she meets them over dinner at the Ivashkov home?
6. What causes Rose to feel Robert's plan to save Dimitri is impossible for them to carry out?
7. What is making Rose nervous as she makes her way across campus in the first chapter of the novel?
8. Why is Lissa surprised by Christian's sudden interest in saving Dimitri and his desire to help her learn how to wield a stake?
9. Why does Rose want to break Victor Dashkov out of prison? What does Rose hope to gain from this?
10. Why do Rose, Eddie, and Lissa sneak out of Court in the trunk of a car? Who is helping them?
This section contains 1,284 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)