|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Rose escorted from the courtroom?
(a) She causes a riot.
(b) She becomes violent toward the crowd.
(c) She tries to hit the queen.
(d) She uses profanity toward the queen.
2. Why do the guardians want to kill Dimitri despite his healing?
(a) He remains Strigoi.
(b) They are afraid of him.
(c) They want to hide the truth of spirit.
(d) They do not believe he can be healed.
3. How does Dimitri know Rose is on her way?
(a) He knows about the bond between Rose and Lissa.
(b) He heard the call on the guardian radio.
(c) He is psychic.
(d) He called the guardians.
4. Who does Adrian insist Daniella hire as Rose's attorney?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her brother.
5. How did Adrian learn about the attack on Lissa's party?
(a) He received a phone call.
(b) Through Rose.
(c) His aunt told him.
(d) An announcement was made throughout the Court.
6. How was Tatiana killed?
(c) With a silver stake.
7. What does Rose promise Adrian she will do when she confronts Dimitri this time?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Imprison him.
(c) Break up with him.
(d) Heal him.
8. Why does Lissa feel she needs to see Dimitri in the aftermath of his healing?
(a) She feels there is something else in him she needs to heal.
(b) She is in love with him.
(c) She wants to ask him how it happened.
(d) She is bonded to him.
9. What does Rose say to Dimitri in the beginning of their visit when he refuses to turn and look at her?
(a) That he loves her.
(b) That he owes her.
(c) That she will have him locked up for life.
(d) That she loves him.
10. What is the age law governing dhampirs that is passed in this chapter?
(a) A law stating dhampirs can become guardians at sixteen rather than eighteen.
(b) A law stating dhampirs can have children at sixteen.
(c) A law stating that dhampirs must be twenty-one to become guardians.
(d) A law stating that dhampirs can learn to drive at sixteen.
11. What is the nature Rose sees Dimitri having with other Strigoi in the warehouse where he is keeping Lissa and Christian?
(a) They think he should just kill Lissa and Christian.
(b) They think he is acting too risky.
(c) They think he is overstepping his boundaries.
(d) They think he is being over cautious.
12. What does Dimitri say his keepers want to examine most often about him?
(a) His hearing.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His heart.
(d) His reflexes.
13. What does Sydney practically accuse Rose of stealing?
(a) Victor Dashkov from prison.
(b) Her personnel records.
(c) Personnel records on Lissa's new guardians.
(d) Records from the Alchemist archives.
14. What motive does Christian suggest is not strong enough for arresting Rose for Tatiana's murder?
(a) Rose's protest at being denied guardian duty over Lissa.
(b) Tatiana's unhappiness over Rose's relationship with Adrian.
(c) Protesting the Court's treatment of Dimitri.
(d) Yelling at the Council over the age law.
15. Why does Rose become annoyed when she learns the queen is on lock down?
(a) The queen is not in immediate danger.
(b) She needs to speak to Tatiana.
(c) It is interfering with the rescue effort.
(d) It takes too many guardians from the rescue effort.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dimitri compare Lissa to during the fight?
2. Who does the general population at Court initially believe killed Tatiana?
3. Who is Sydney?
4. What does Rose do after leaving Dimitri in church where he finally convinced her he no longer loves her?
5. What does Adrian confess he felt while Rose was gone with the rescue team the night of the Strigoi attack?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)