|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sydney practically accuse Rose of stealing?
(a) Records from the Alchemist archives.
(b) Her personnel records.
(c) Victor Dashkov from prison.
(d) Personnel records on Lissa's new guardians.
2. Why does Lissa feel she needs to see Dimitri in the aftermath of his healing?
(a) She feels there is something else in him she needs to heal.
(b) She wants to ask him how it happened.
(c) She is in love with him.
(d) She is bonded to him.
3. What does Rhonda predict for Rose's immediate future in her current tarot card reading?
(a) Great love.
(b) She will suffer another loss.
(c) She will be crowned in glory.
(d) A journey.
4. What appears to be the worst of Dimitri's guilt when it comes to his time as a Strigoi and his relationship with Rose?
(a) His love letters to her.
(b) What he did when he kept her captive in Russia.
(c) Killing her friends.
(d) His multiple attempts to kill her.
5. What does Dimitri compare Lissa to during the fight?
(a) An avenging angel.
(b) A princess.
(c) A beauty queen.
(d) A devil.
6. Who acts as the master of ceremonies at the secret Moroi ceremony to honor the dead from the Strigoi attack?
(a) Nathan Ivashkov.
(b) Blake Lazar.
(c) Queen Tatiana.
(d) Anthony Badica.
7. What does Tasha propose the governing council spend their time doing rather than passing dhampir age laws?
(a) Finding a way to breed more guardians.
(b) Compelling dhampirs to stop having families and become guardians.
(c) Training Moroi to fight for themselves.
(d) Finding spirit users and training them to heal Strigoi.
8. What does Tatiana stress to Rose after she is asked to leave the secret Moroi ceremony honoring the dead from the Strigoi attack?
(a) That she is not a Moroi.
(b) That she is too immature to be Lissa's guardian.
(c) That Moroi do care about dhampirs.
(d) That she is not worthy to attend such ceremonies.
9. How many Strigoi does Rose claim to have killed while in Russia?
10. Why does Rose become annoyed when she learns the queen is on lock down?
(a) It is interfering with the rescue effort.
(b) The queen is not in immediate danger.
(c) It takes too many guardians from the rescue effort.
(d) She needs to speak to Tatiana.
11. For what is Rose arrested at the end of this chapter?
(a) The theft of Alchemist archive files.
(b) The prison escape of Victor Dashkov.
(d) The murder of the queen, Tatiana.
12. What distracts Dimitri in the second before Lissa begins her attempt to stake him?
(b) Another Strigoi.
13. What is the age law governing dhampirs that is passed in this chapter?
(a) A law stating dhampirs can become guardians at sixteen rather than eighteen.
(b) A law stating that dhampirs can learn to drive at sixteen.
(c) A law stating that dhampirs must be twenty-one to become guardians.
(d) A law stating dhampirs can have children at sixteen.
14. How was Tatiana killed?
(b) With a silver stake.
15. What does Ambrose predict the new dhampir age law will do to young dhampirs?
(a) Cause more to die.
(b) Cause more to join the Keeper camps.
(c) Cause more to choose family over guardian training.
(d) Cause more to avoid guardian training.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a little boy in the crowd ask Dimitri about his appearance?
2. Who urges Rose to leave Dimitri when he becomes volatile?
3. What does Rose do after leaving Dimitri in church where he finally convinced her he no longer loves her?
4. For what reason is Lissa not able to take her family's place on the royal council and vote?
5. For what reason does Rose give the Moroi Council for her decision to go to Russia after the attack on St. Vladimir's Academy?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)