|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where does Tatiana tell Lissa she has arranged for her to go over her birthday weekend?
(a) Lehigh University.
(c) Princeton University.
(d) Georgetown University.
2. What does Rose decide to keep from Adrian after their dinner with his parents?
(a) Her conversation with his mother.
(b) A pass his father made toward her.
(c) Her opinions on Moroi fighting with dhampirs.
(d) Her previous conversation with Tatiana.
3. What does Rose take from the guardian archives?
(a) A folder with information on Tarasov Prison.
(b) A list of guardian assignments.
(c) Personnel records on some of the guardians.
(d) A computer disk.
4. What is the point of view of the majority of the novel?
(a) First person.
(b) Third person omniscient.
(c) Second person.
(d) Third person limited.
5. What does Dimitri express a wish that he could still do in a letter to Rose that he cannot as a Strigoi?
(d) Walk in sunshine.
6. To where is Rose summoned at the end of the chapter?
(a) To learn a new clerical technique.
(b) To do more gardening work.
(c) To see the queen.
(d) To get a new guardian assignment.
7. With whom does Adrian tell Rose he has arranged to have dinner with them that night?
(a) The queen.
(b) Her parents.
(c) The governing council.
(d) His family.
8. How does Rose destroy the security footage of her and Lissa walking through the prison?
(a) She erases the recordings.
(b) She breaks the cameras.
(c) She breaks the monitors.
(d) She destoys the computer.
9. Who is with Christian at Rose's graduation party?
10. Who catches Rose by surprise in the courtyard at St. Vlad's?
11. What had Dimitri wanted Rose to do that she refused in a previous novel?
(a) To become his guardian.
(b) To marry him.
(c) To become Strigoi.
(d) To become his dhampir slave.
12. Why does Adrian not want to help Lissa learn to infuse a stake with spirit?
(a) He dislikes working with Lissa.
(b) He does not want to help heal Dimitri.
(c) He thinks it is useless.
(d) He does not know how.
13. What does Rose decide she and her friends need to help them pull of her plan to get Victor out of jail?
(b) Spy gadgets.
(c) A gun.
(d) Silver stakes.
14. What does Mikhail tell Rose he does not believe is possible?
(a) Surviving an encounter with Strigoi.
(b) Loving someone who has turned Strigoi.
(c) Healing Strigoi.
(d) Killing Strigoi.
15. Why is Rose reluctant to hurt guardians?
(a) She feels respect for them.
(b) They are supposed to be on the same team.
(c) It is against the law.
(d) She does not want them to hurt her back.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Daniella Ivashkov?
2. What does Serena offer to do with Christian and Lissa?
3. Why does Mikhail Tanner tell Rose he finally stopped searching for his former lover, Sonya Karp, after she turned Strigoi?
4. For what reason are the Ozera family treated with less respect than other Moroi royals?
5. Who thinks that Rose might still be allowed to become Lissa's guardian?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)